LOWELL, Mass. ,
What: In connection with Manufacturing Day, a national celebration on Oct. 5 to inspire the next-generation workforce, Kronos Incorporated will sponsor an official MFG Day event hosted by Hypertherm, a New Hampshire manufacturer of industrial cutting systems and software. Through its “SHAPE for STEM” program, Hypertherm will welcome more than 60 middle school students to tour one of its modern manufacturing facilities, participate in hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities, and explore the bright possibilities of a career in manufacturing. In support of Hypertherm’s MFG Day event, Kronos has donated to the company’s HOPE Foundation to fund students’ transportation to and from the manufacturing plant.
When: Friday, Oct. 12, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Where: Hypertherm, 71 Heater Road, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Why: STEM skills are vital to succeed in many industries – especially manufacturing – and early exposure to STEM activities offers students a head-start in building important problem solving and critical thinking skills and opens their minds to exciting career possibilities. The Kronos 2018 Manufacturing Day Survey found that 58 percent of parents of kids under 18 want their child to be knowledgeable about STEM subjects and 43 percent agree STEM-focused careers have a promising future. However, findings revealed that only 20 percent of parents associate STEM education with the manufacturing industry. This knowledge gap validates the importance of Manufacturing Day and ongoing collaboration between industry leaders and academia to raise the profile of the industry. Through its SHAPE for STEM initiative, Hypertherm is working to expose as many students as possible to STEM-based manufacturing careers. In doing so, the company hopes to empower young people to make a more informed decision when it comes time to choose their future academic and career path. Kronos is proud to support Hypertherm’s efforts and remains confident that, as an industry, we will succeed in bringing awareness to the industry’s surging growth, strong economic outlook, and wide availability of high paying jobs.
- About and its SHAPE (Students and Hypertherm Associates Partnering for Education) for STEM Program, which exposes students in elementary, middle, and high school to STEM-related activities throughout the year.
- The Kronos 2018 Manufacturing Day Survey, conducted by The Harris Poll, reveals a general lack of knowledge about careers in manufacturing, but shows parents are openminded and willing to help their child learn more about the industry.
- Kronos is a silver sponsor of Manufacturing Day. Learn more about the national, one-day celebration meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers, produced by the National Association of Manufacturers and the Manufacturing Institute.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.