As the world prepares for the 2016 Rio Games, the Boston technology scene is gearing up for its own Olympic-sized affair: the second-annual Summer Games: Battle of the Interns presented by Kronos Incorporated. This year, interns from 12 innovative Massachusetts technology organizations – Acquia, Akamai Technologies, athenahealth, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., Dassault Systèmes, EnerNOC, Epsilon, Kronos, LogMeIn, MathWorks, Monster, and Symbotic – will compete in The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns on Monday, Aug. 1 at The Lawn on D in Boston.
- The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns celebrates Massachusetts’ passion for innovation, education, technology leadership, and cultivating the workforce of the future by merging friendly competition with professional networking. Participating organizations will select up to 15 of their college interns and co-ops to battle in team-based activities that challenge their physical and mental strength.
- This year’s event has quadrupled in size compared to the inaugural 2015 Summer Games, with more than 500 anticipated attendees and interns representing more than 50 different colleges and universities around the country. Competitors and spectators will have the opportunity to network with local tech professionals and business leaders in the tech industry.
- At the conclusion of the competition, there will be an award ceremony recognizing the top three intern teams. The three winning teams will each select a charity that supports education and the next generation workforce to receive donations totaling $10,000 from The Summer Games.
- The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC), the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders, will join in the opening ceremonies for the Battle of the Interns, along with Stas Gayshan, managing director at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) and founder of CIC Boston. Additionally, Kronos has brought on Sullivan Custom Planning to create and facilitate the competitive games for the 2016 Battle of the Interns.
- The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns will commence Monday, Aug. 1 at The Lawn on D in Boston, with opening ceremonies beginning at 1:15 p.m. and games starting at 1:30 p.m.
- David Almeda, chief people officer, Kronos
“Summer is an exciting time at Kronos as our growing internship program breathes a different type of energy into our WorkInspired culture. With nearly 100 interns working in various departments across Kronos, this year’s largest-ever program proves to us that tomorrow’s tech leaders will continue to push the boundaries of innovation with a dogged determination to make the world a better place. We are excited to compete alongside 11 other organizations that are also committed to their internship programs and company culture, as we have seen first-hand how organizations and their employees can gain tremendous value from their interns and co-ops. Good luck, and may the best team win!”
- Tom Hopcroft, chief executive officer, MassTLC
“MassTLC is proud to support The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns for the second year and its efforts to motivate and inspire young talent. Our partnership in this event expresses our dedication to helping build the leaders of the next generation workforce as well as our commitment to preserving Boston as a tech hub. We look forward to seeing all the interns gathered at The Lawn on D to network with some of Massachusetts’ leading organizations and most importantly, we look forward to watching them all have fun.”
- Visit The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns website.
- Follow the competition and join the conversation online at #InternBattle.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Use our Snapchat Geofilter at The Lawn on D Aug. 1.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns
The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns celebrates Massachusetts’ passion for innovation, education, and technology leadership. Kronos founded The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns in 2015, born out of the company’s commitment to inspiring the next-generation workforce. The event brings together top tech talent for The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns – a friendly competition of brains and brawn presented by Kronos in partnership with MassTLC.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.