PHILADELPHIA, Government Finance Officers Association Annual Conference,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) has selected its Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions to minimize compliance risk, improve productivity, and enhance employee engagement. The fire department of the city is a long-standing user of the Kronos TeleStaff solution and has already saved millions of dollars with it.
- Serving the 12th largest city in the country, Indianapolis DPW maintains public infrastructure, manages municipal solid waste collection, and ensures a healthy, safe, and natural environment. The department selected Kronos to manage its workforce more effectively and further its overall mission of providing efficient and superior service to the citizens and visitors of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis DPW purchased Kronos time and attendance, labor analytics, absence management, and activities solutions for use by all hourly employees of the department. The comprehensive workforce management solution will integrate with the city's ERP solution, ensuring higher quality, accurate labor information entering the system.
- Kronos will replace previous manual processes used by the department, solving critical business needs of complying accurately with complex union rules and other city, state, and federal labor laws and regulations. By standardizing diverse and complex pay policies consistently across the organization, Indianapolis DPW will significantly minimize compliance risk.
- Previously, a significant amount of manual labor was required to complete processes and there was no real-time visibility into labor-related issues and expenses. Kronos will provide access to real-time data for users to make informed decisions and improve productivity for employees and managers. Additionally, by implementing an advanced labor analytics solution, the Indianapolis DPW will be able to quickly identify problems, outliers, and trends - and preempt costly errors.
- For added innovation in how Indianapolis DPW collects time-worked data from employees, it purchased Kronos InTouch time clocks to provide employees more control over their time, enabling them to easily check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules - all in real time.
- As Kronos has been awarded the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance, Indianapolis DPW was able to purchase the solution through this contract, which eased the process significantly.
- Scott Manning, public information officer, department of public works, City of Indianapolis
With Kronos TeleStaff - the most robust public safety scheduling solution in the market - we had already achieved millions of dollars in savings in the fire department. So we knew about Kronos' market expertise in public sector and felt confident that Kronos would be the best vendor for us when we decided to implement a comprehensive workforce management solution in the department of public works."
- Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
"City departments that use manual processes to track employee time end up spending significant time on such processes and have to manage inaccuracies and inconsistencies. Having access to accurate, timely, and auditable data is essential for today's governments, which are running on tighter budgets with more citizens taking an active role in communities. With the Kronos selection, the Indianapolis DPW is serving as a progressive example of city governance by optimizing its workforce for superior citizen services."
- Kronos made this announcement from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) 109th annual conference being in held in Philadelphia from May 31- June 3. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #513.
- About Indianapolis Department of Public Works.
- About U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.