LOWELL, Mass., Jun 27, 2018
Kronos Incorporated today announced it has been named by Fortune magazine and Great Place to Work as one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Millennials. Additionally, in a separate competition, the Boston Business Journal ranked Kronos as one of the Best Places to Work in Massachusetts, where the company is headquartered, for the ninth year in a row.
- Kronos was named a Fortune Best Workplace for Millennials for the first time, which rewards organizations for unique and innovative cultures that help attract and retain Millennials. The ranking considered survey responses from more than 434,000 employees from Great Place to Work-Certified™ companies, focusing on pride in the company’s community impact, access to meaningful work, fair pay, and plans for a future with their organization.
- Kronos has several innovative programs and benefits that are meaningful for younger employees, including being one of only four percent of companies that offer student loan repayment assistance; its open paid time off policy that is available to all Kronites regardless of tenure or title, as featured in Harvard Business Review; fully paid parental leave for new moms and dads, including parents of adopted children; childcare and adoption financial assistance; and its groundbreaking Manager Effectiveness Index people manager development program, as featured in the Wall Street Journal.
- Kronos has also built an exceptional pipeline of the next generation of cloud software leaders at its Indianapolis Technology Center of Excellence by hiring hundreds of graduates directly from leading Indiana colleges and universities since 2012. The Indianapolis team was recently honored by TechPoint for its innovative and engaging Interview Blitz process, which is a full-day networking, interviewing, and case study competition event to evaluate candidates’ collaboration, innovation, and communication skills.
- Millennial Kronites quoted in the Great Place to Work Trust Index® survey said:
- “All of the managers I have come in contact with truly are interested in what I am working on and care about me as a person. My direct manager always looks for development opportunities to give me as a young person in the workplace.”
- “As a professional with 15 years of experience, I can confidently say that Kronos is, by far, the most fulfilling company that I have ever worked for. In addition to great and unique benefits such as unlimited time off, student loan reimbursement, and extended maternity/paternity leave, Kronos has done a great job of building a population of Kronites who believe in the culture the company has built – one that is built on trust, transparency, and honest communication.”
- The Best Workplaces for Millennials is one of a series of rankings by Fortune and Great Place to Work. Great Place to Work has also ranked Kronos a:
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®;
- Two-time Fortune Best Workplace for Giving Back;
- Fortune Best Workplace in Technology;
- Best Workplace for Women and Best Workplace for Inclusion in Canada; and
- Top 20 Best Place to Work in Australia, a Best Company to Work For in China, one of the 50 Best Technology Companiesto work for in India, and a Best Workplace in the U.K.
- Additionally, for the ninth consecutive year, Kronos was named by the Boston Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Massachusetts in the Extra Large company category.
- Kronos’ ranking in this Best Place to Work competition was based purely on confidential employee engagement surveys where Kronites rated their overall pride in the company while answering questions related to their work environment, work-life balance, job satisfaction, advancement opportunities, management, compensation, and benefits.
- These awards come on the heels of Kronos Chief Executive Officer Aron Ain being recognized as one of Glassdoor’s Top CEOs for the third consecutive year and Forbes naming Kronos one of the top three places to work in software in its America’s Best Employers list.
- Kronos is actively hiring and currently has hundreds of job openings worldwide.
- David Almeda, chief people officer, Kronos
“We work hard to ensure that the Kronite employee experience is compelling, consistent, and full of opportunity regardless of who you are, how long you’ve been a Kronite, or your level of experience. For a 40-year-old technology company with exceptionally high tenure in the world of software, it’s both cool and humbling to make this Fortune Millennials list for the first time. As our Millennial employees embark on the next phase of their careers as people managers, we’ll continue to double down on our Manager Effectiveness initiative to help them become part of the next generation of great Kronos leaders.”
- Michael Bush, chief executive officer, Great Place to Work
“Great Place to Work is proud of these Best Workplaces that give their Millennial employees the tools they need to succeed. Organizations like Kronos set the bar for other workplaces seeking to retain and develop the next generation of leaders, and prove that giving Millennials jobs with purpose and meaning drives them to give their best at work, benefitting the company as a whole.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, and follow the Best Workplaces for Millennials discussion at #BestWorkplaces.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.