LAS VEGAS, KronosWorks, Nov 05, 2018
Kronos Incorporated today announced a new collaboration with Workplace by Facebook that makes it easier for employees to take control of their work-life balance and for managers to fill last-minute open shifts with a scheduling chatbot that can be activated on a mobile device from anyplace, at any time. The organizations are collaborating to develop innovative solutions that transform communications, culture, and workflows for common workforce management tasks without ever leaving Workplace – a social platform that connects employees with features like groups, chat, and video calls.
- For organizations that deploy Workforce Dimensions and Workplace by Facebook, employees activate the chatbot with an instant message specifying the day and time they’d like to take off. The chatbot seamlessly interfaces with Workforce Dimensions to evaluate the request based on staffing requirements, employee accrual balances, skills and certifications, compliance, and other pre-defined business rules. Employees are instantly notified when the request is accepted.
- Managers can manually review time off requests within Workplace by Facebook, messaging employees through the chat feature if they have questions or to provide an explanation if a request cannot be granted.
- The chatbot also makes it easy to fill open shifts: When a shift becomes available at the last minute, the chatbot automatically identifies employees who are eligible to work based on availability, fatigue, overtime, compliance, and other factors. The manager approves the list and the chatbot sends an alert for employees to voluntarily claim the shift. If claimed by more than one employee, the manager assigns the shift based on business preferences, such as seniority.
- By empowering employees and managers to handle time off requests and fill open shifts through the scheduling chatbot, Kronos and Workplace by Facebook are creating a more engaging experience that allows everyone to work and communicate through their preferred environment, allowing organizations to collaborate in a single social platform instead of toggling between multiple applications.
- Kronos welcomes Workplace by Facebook to the Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program and will collaborate with Workplace by Facebook on future development opportunities. The Technology Partner Program fosters close collaboration in the delivery of unique and innovative workforce functionality through the Workforce Dimensions open application programming interfaces, allowing customers and partners to leverage the full power of the future-ready Kronos D5 platform, which is built specifically for workforce and human capital management needs.
- Mike May, senior director, Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program, Kronos
“Kronos is committed to empowering employees and managers with the ability to work their way, at any place and at any time. To bring this concept to life, it’s vital that everyday activities, such as time off requests, can be handled by Workforce Dimensions inside applications like Workplace by Facebook – which is where employees at 30,000 organizations collaborate and communicate with their teams all day long. The Kronos D5 platform enables Kronos, our customers, and partners to deliver these game-changing innovations that dramatically enhance the employee experience.”
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas. See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks across all social media channels.
- Step into immersive innovation at the KronosWorks Expo Hall to see more Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner applications built on Kronos D5 and view demos from Facebook, IBM, Microsoft, Passport, Phobio, CartaHR, and Even in the Innovation Theater.
- As part of the Kronos “Get Social. Give Back.” campaign, every attendee who posts a picture on Twitter or Instagram with #KronosWorks will help Kronos build a large mosaic onsite in real time. Once complete, Kronos will donate $20,000 to The American Red Cross to aid disaster relief efforts.
- Wondering how to engage your workforce? Putting people first isn’t just good for employees – it’s good for business. Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how we did it in his book, WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.