- The City of Iowa City selected the Kronos time and attendance application for more than 750 employees across all departments including airport, fire, police, recreational, waste, and water, all of which employ a mix of full- and part-time as well as seasonal workers. Kronos will help completely automate and standardize complex pay rules for such a unique workforce, which need to comply with a diverse set of rules, shifts, and union contracts.
- Integration of the Kronos solution with the city's ERP system will help improve efficiencies through reduced administrative work and accuracy of employee time and attendance data entering the ERP system. This will enhance the overall quality of the entire payroll process.
- The City of Iowa City also chose to deploy the workforce management solution in the Kronos Cloud, allowing Kronos to host and manage the solution without requiring additional hardware and other resources from the city. This will further allow the city government to increase efficiency and stay focused on its core mission of citizen services.
- Dennis Bockenstedt, finance director, The City of Iowa City
"Before Kronos, the City of Iowa City was collecting and entering workforce data using manual and inefficient processes. By automating and integrating this data collection, Workforce Ready will help the city improve productivity and increase overall organizational efficiency."
- Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
"Increasing efficiencies around payroll and other workforce processes can be a game changer for governments as the workforce is typically a public sector organization's largest controllable expense and biggest asset. Workforce management applications deployed in the cloud can dramatically improve operational efficiencies and also increase employee adoption rates. The City of Iowa City has already begun experiencing these benefits as it rolls out the Kronos solution."
- About The City of Iowa City.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.