LOWELL, Mass. ,
Best Market, a regional grocer with 30 locations, is making a renewed investment in its people by migrating to Workforce Dimensions, the next generation cloud solution from Kronos Incorporated. Workforce Dimensions offers a breakthrough employee experience and unprecedented levels of operational insights to support Best Market’s strategic efforts to invest in creating quality jobs that drive returns for the company.
- Workforce Dimensions, powered by the intelligent Kronos D5 platform, is transforming how Best Market manages its 3,000 team members through a combination of breakthrough features:
- With real-time, embedded analytics at their fingertips, store managers have a greater opportunity to engage and form deeper connections with team members while optimizing day-to-day workforce operations using strategic labor insights, such as employee attendance and performance metrics.
- Workforce Advisor, the first workforce management digital assistant for managers, uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to additionally empower managers to devote greater attention to high-impact, people-centric initiatives by streamlining time-consuming administrative tasks, such as time-off requests and timecard adjustments, labor forecasting and scheduling, and traditional payroll functions.
- Proactive Compliance projects up-to-the-minute timekeeping data into the future, identifying and alerting managers to potential compliance risks hours and even days before an issue surfaces, giving managers – for the first time – the opportunity to take preventative action.
- With Workforce Dimensions, Best Market will achieve a more virtuous retail cycle by reducing time-to-hire and improving quality-of-hire to better serve its customers:
- Best Market will use the Workforce Dimensions talent acquisition module to attract, develop, and retain a highly engaged workforce, and selected Kronos Payroll to deliver the perfect paycheck to employees. Additional performance management capabilities enable managers to assess, coach, and recognize team members for their accomplishments in real time.
- Workforce Dimensions creates a cohesive workspace for team members, where they can communicate with managers in real time if they’re going to be late or need to swap a shift; can see job openings across the company; and in the future will be able to track their performance against stated objectives.
- Deploying Workforce Dimensions across 30 locations, including its corporate headquarters, Best Market is keeping team members connected and engaged:
- Workforce Dimensions is the first of its kind to incorporate a fully responsive user interface that provides the same engaging user experience for all employees across phones, tablets, and desktops. Team members will be empowered to work effectively from any device and can personalize their home screen and dashboards based on the information most critical to their role. The mobile-first design additionally equips managers to run their entire operation via a phone or tablet while working in the store, engaging with customers, and building meaningful connections with team members.
- Best Market aims to deploy additional self-service features that will enable team members to take unprecedented control of work-life balance. Once deployed, team members can tell the solution when, where, and even how long they want to work; swap shifts without manager intervention; request and receive time off; review and update tax forms and withholdings without contacting HR or payroll; and view accrual balances and pay history, among other vital employee information.
- Best Market is migrating its 3,000 team members from the Kronos Workforce Central suite to Workforce Dimensions and has cited early success during the implementation phase. Providing a significant head-start over traditional implementations that start from scratch, the Kronos Paragon methodology, based on best practices developed during tens of thousands of successful implementations, delivers superior time to value.
- Or Raitses, vice president and general counsel, Best Market
“Best Market is fully invested in prioritizing our workforce and putting our team members first. We are reimagining traditional workplace processes and leaning more on workforce technology to handle low-value activities and more directly empower our people to focus on strategic or customer-facing initiatives. Together with Kronos we are developing a transformative system that will be a competitive differentiator and genuine value-add to our company.”
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president of business development, Kronos
“Best Market has been a Kronos customer for five years. In that time, we have helped the company engage with and grow its workforce by 50 percent and have been inspired by the evolution of Best Market’s employee-first, people-centric culture. With Workforce Dimensions, Best Market is reimagining the roles of its managers, meeting the rapidly evolving expectations of its team members, and transforming its entire employee experience to attract, retain, and engage the highest-performing workforce possible.”
- About Best Market.
- Read a complimentary copy of Gartner’s full report, “Prepare Yourself for the Future of Workforce Management.”
- Explore the Workforce Dimensions suite and hear first-hand how it is built to manage the workforce of the future.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.