CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that Chief Executive Officer Aron Ain was named CEO of the Year by the Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC). Ain accepted the award, which celebrates the best of the region's internationally-renowned technology industry, at MassTLC's 19th annual Leadership Awards Gala held in Boston on Sept. 14.
- The MassTLC Technology Leadership Awards program is the Commonwealth's most prestigious honor for technology companies, innovators, and leaders. The Awards Gala brought together more than 800 of the region's top tech innovators to network and celebrate the area's best leaders, companies, and technologies. Winning companies were selected from hundreds of nominations and judged by panels of executives, investors, analysts, media, and thought leaders in 16 categories.
- CEO Aron Ain has spent the entirety of his 37-year career at Kronos, starting as one of the company's first employees in 1979, working his way up through the ranks and playing a role in nearly every functional department at Kronos.
- Since taking over as CEO in 2005, Ain has been the driving force in building Kronos into a $1.1 billion global cloud software powerhouse in the workforce solutions market, with more than 30,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. More than 40 million people use a Kronos solution every day.
- Under Ain's leadership, Kronos is on pace to have another exceptional year following recently announced financial results and successes for the third quarter of Fiscal 2016.
- Ain is regarded as a pioneer in workforce management and has been instrumental in revolutionizing the way organizations manage their workforces, as Kronos continues to deliver innovative products and services, including industry-leading cloud, analytics, and mobile technologies.
- The MassTLC 2016 CEO of the Year award closely follows a number of other accolades Ain and Kronos have received connected to the company's WorkInspired culture:
- Ain was named to Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEO list, ranking as one of the highest-rated CEOs at large organizations in the U.S. - and top 10 in information technology - based solely on employee reviews.
- Ain was profiled in The New York Times Corner Office column in an article titled, "The Incalculable Value of a Good Boss."
- Boston Business Journal once again named Kronos a Best Place to Work, ranking the company #2 overall - and as the top technology employer - within the extra-large category of companies in Massachusetts, and also named Kronos one of the region's Healthiest Employers for the second consecutive year.
- The Kronos WorkInspired culture continues to permeate across the world as the company grows globally, with Kronos winning Great Place to Work® Institute honors this year as a Best Place to Work in Australia, Canada, and India.
- Kronos has also been included on the latest employer of choice lists from The Boston Globeem> and Forbes, and is Certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S.
- With nearly 5,000 employees worldwide, Kronos is actively hiring with more than 250 job openings.
- Kronos recently announcednbsp;plans to relocate its global headquarters to Lowell, Mass. in 2017. Kronos will occupy nearly 470,000 sq. ft. of space in the Cross Point towers where it is investing more than $40 million to create a modern, high-tech space designed to foster collaboration, team building, work-life balance, and, above all, innovation.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"I'm truly honored to have been nominated and selected for this award given the other remarkable CEOs who were considered. And yet this honor is really a reflection of all the fantastic, passionate, intelligent, and inspiring Kronites around the world. I believe deeply that managing people is a privilege and I work toward this belief every single day as CEO. With innovative products, dedicated services, incredible customers, and co-workers who make me proud to come to work, there is nowhere else in the world I would rather work than Kronos."
- Tom Hopcroft, president and chief executive officer, MassTLC
"For more than 400 years, the Massachusetts innovation legacy has been characterized by tackling big problems, and each year at the MassTLC Leadership Awards Gala we recognize the people and organizations that enrich that proud tradition. In 2016, I'm proud to include Kronos CEO Aron Ain as among the Tech Leadership Award winners whose contributions to the state's technology economy help make our region the envy of the world."
- Listen to Aron Ain talk about the critical importance of great workplace culture in a recent Workforce Institute podcast.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About The Mass Technology Leadership Council, Inc.
With more than 550 member companies, the Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region's leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders. MassTLC's purpose is to accelerate innovation by connecting people from across the technology landscape, providing access to industry-leading content and ideas and offering a platform for visibility for member companies and their interests. More at www.masstlc.org.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations - including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.