CHELMSFORD, Mass. ,
Kronos Incorporated today announced that American Woodmark Corporation, the third-largest manufacturer of kitchen and bath cabinets in the U.S., recently moved its Kronos Workforce Central solutions to the Kronos Cloud. A long-standing Kronos customer, American Woodmark also expanded its use of Kronos to accommodate growth and added Kronos mobile and tablet applications for increased workforce flexibility and employee engagement.
- American Woodmark, with more than 6,600 employees across eight facilities, has used Kronos time and attendance and absence management solutions for several years. Based on benefits achieved including higher employee satisfaction through more timely access to accurate workforce information such as accruals and time-off requests, the manufacturer purchased Kronos mobile and tablet applications.
- Field service technicians working remotely now have the ability to clock in and out through mobile devices directly from worksites. Also with Kronos mobile solutions, employees can easily submit time-off requests, approve timecards, transfer between jobs, and track detailed labor activity from anywhere at any time, improving productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Kronos has helped American Woodmark standardize attendance policies across all locations spanning several states. Real-time visibility into absenteeism rates by location and improved attendance policy enforcement have resulted in a significant decrease in the number of absences per employee and better visibility into labor costs.
- Additionally, the Kronos absence management solution has helped American Woodmark stay compliant with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) laws and other state and federal regulations. Previously, the manufacturer used an error-prone manual tracking system for employee leave, as well as vacation and sick time. Kronos has also helped American Woodmark improve accuracies related to accrual balances and leave tracking.
- By deploying in the Kronos Cloud, American Woodmark now relies on Kronos to perform all configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of the workforce management solution, enabling its IT department to focus on other manufacturing initiatives.
- Terri Wermter, human resources system specialist, American Woodmark Corporation
"With Kronos, our workforce management processes have become much more efficient and we have better visibility into real-time data that allows us to make more informed business decisions. We have seen significant benefits using Kronos and as we grow, both in size and innovation, Kronos has the proven capabilities and the breadth of solutions to grow with us. We anticipate achieving continued success by deploying in the Kronos Cloud."
- Kylene Zenk-Batsford, senior manager, manufacturing practice group, Kronos
"Absenteeism is extremely impactful in the manufacturing industry and can be very costly to a manufacturer where on-time delivery is essential to the success of the business. Kronos has been able to successfully help American Woodmark address its critical business issues and achieve better operational efficiencies and will continue to do so. With the addition of mobile and tablet applications, American Woodmark has seen further improvements in productivity and employee satisfaction."
- About American Woodmark Corporation.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.