Wednesday, October 28, 2020
2 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET
Let’s face it: when the calendar turned to 2020, no one had “manage the fallout from a global pandemic” on their HR bingo cards! Who could predict that in just a few short months the world of work — and our lives as we knew them — would change immensely? HR has had to rapidly shift strategy and workers have had to adapt to ever changing and uncertain working requirements and environments. While challenges abound, this time has provided many valuable lessons that HR professionals can take into the future to mitigate the impact of additional workplace disruptions, assuming the opportunity is seized. Based on shifting expectations, this session will focus on four key actions that HR practitioners can take now to improve workplaces and the employee experience. It will explore how there is a new cost of doing nothing in 2020 and beyond that can have dire consequences for HR, businesses and their people. Now is not a time to be passive. HR is in the spotlight…so it’s time to lead, and act!
- Identify key elements to focus on regarding your organization’s response to disruption using the benefit of hindsight;
- Understand the significance of proper change management procedures on company culture;
- Reimagine business continuity plans to provide for disruptions to the workforce in the future;
- Recognize the importance of upskilling and reskilling employees to stay ahead of skills gaps and talent shortages;
- Leverage technology to ensure the employee experience is in line with current trends and expectations