YMCA of Greater Boston Joins the Kronos Cloud
CHELMSFORD, Mass., May 6, 2015 - The YMCA of Greater Boston, one of the largest urban YMCAs in the nation with more than 2,200 employees and a focus on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, has deployed workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated in the Kronos Cloud.
- Founded in 1851 as the first YMCA in the U.S., the YMCA of Greater Boston selected Kronos to standardize workforce management processes and help the organization achieve greater efficiencies across the 67 branches, camps, and program centers it operates. The YMCA of Greater Boston expects to optimize operational costs and reduce errors associated with manual processes, allowing the organization to further invest in members and community services.
- The YMCA of Greater Boston joins the active community of YMCA organizations across the U.S. that leverage Kronos solutions and will utilize a single, unified platform of Kronos time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications to more effectively manage its unique workforce comprised of part-time, full-time, and seasonal employees.
- With many employees working multiple jobs at varying rates of pay across different branch locations and program sites, the ability to centrally track employee time and manage schedules with Kronos will help managers ensure that employees are paid accurately and they have the right employees in place at the right times to deliver a safe, positive member experience. YMCA staff members also benefit from accessing the Kronos application on their mobile devices, allowing them to perform time management tasks on-site or on-the-go.
- The YMCA of Greater Boston hires more than 700 seasonal employees each year. Previously, the YMCA manually on-boarded each of the hires individually. With Kronos, the on-boarding process is streamlined and paperless, which enables the YMCA to redeploy resources to focus on more strategic objectives.
- By deploying in the Kronos Cloud, the YMCA of Greater Boston has reduced the need for additional IT resources and relies on Kronos for access to the latest enhancements and software upgrades leading to a rapid return on investment.
Paul Mantell, vice president, human resources, YMCA of Greater Boston
"After more than 160 years of using a paper-based system, we were looking for a solution that was easy to use and had the functionality to meet the complex needs of our workforce. Kronos emerged as the clear leader and has proven success and a presence within the YMCA community. Within a short time, our workforce management processes have been simplified, and we are better able to keep track of budgets because branch executives now have enhanced visibility into labor costs before payroll has run. Ultimately, our selection will save us both time and money."
Malysa O'Connor, director, services practice group, Kronos
"YMCAs are challenged with the difficult task of operating efficiently while also delivering quality programs that support its members. By automating and centralizing workforce management processes, Kronos will help the YMCA of Greater Boston improve efficiencies and give the organization the ability to redirect resources previously buried under piles of paper for an even greater member service."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/ymca-of-greater-boston-joins-the-kronos-cloud.aspx