WilcoHess Fuels Workforce Management Strategy with Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., April 10, 2012 — An operator of more than 400 convenience stores, travel plazas, and restaurants in southeastern U.S., WilcoHess recently selected a comprehensive workforce management solution from Kronos Incorporated. Kronos will enable the services chain to further enhance customer and employee satisfaction.
- WilcoHess selected the Kronos time and attendance, absence management, and HR and payroll applications to standardize workforce management processes across all locations. Nearly 6,500 WilcoHess employees will use Kronos, helping the organization further control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity.
- Kronos will enable WilcoHess to more effectively control costs by reducing overtime through consistent application of pay rules; eliminating third-party HR vendors for functions such as benefits; and enhancing accuracy of the overall payroll process. Kronos will also help WilcoHess improve employee satisfaction through advanced self-service options.
- WilcoHess selected Kronos because of two main reasons: ease of software ownership and the sophistication of the products. Competing vendors did not offer the same level of flexibility in software ownership and also required additional maintenance fees.
- Prior to Kronos, WilcoHess had four timekeeping systems and the HR department needed to run various reports across multiple systems to ensure compliance with corporate, federal, state, and other labor laws and regulations. Now, through a single, standardized Kronos solution, WilcoHess will significantly improve its time and attendance reporting, and complete automation of the process will help minimize compliance risk.
- Michele Norwood, vice president of human resources and Nick Spann, vice president of information systems/CIO, WilcoHess
"Kronos has proven that technology innovation can make business applications easy to own and easy to use. With Kronos, we will be poised to more effectively control costs and improve employee satisfaction. In a services environment, both of these factors impact customer satisfaction, which is our number-one priority."
- Malysa O’Connor, director, services and distribution practice group, Kronos
"A standardized workforce management solution is important in a services environment as these organizations need to address geographically dispersed workforces, different pay rules, and changing service requirements. Through real-time visibility into critical labor data, Kronos will enable WilcoHess to more proactively address issues and preempt costly labor-related errors."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 80 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.