Westerly Hospital Healthcare Expands Use of Kronos to Include HR and Payroll
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Sept. 7, 2011 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that Westerly Hospital Healthcare, a 125-bed acute care center in Rhode Island, is live on the HR and payroll solution from Kronos®. Westerly has also selected Kronos for time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, and labor analytics.
- Westerly Hospital's key reason for choosing Kronos was its desire to seamlessly automate its workforce management processes with a one-vendor workforce management solution.
- As a long-time customer, Westerly Hospital has been steadily expanding its use of Kronos to achieve complete automation of workforce management for its 700+ employees.
- The self-service functionality of the Kronos HR solution will enable Westerly Hospital’s employees – the majority of whom are hourly – to have access to and manage their critical employee data.
- Use of the HR and payroll solution allows HR staff to focus on more strategic projects, as time- consuming processes that were previously manual have been automated.
- The Kronos solution is easy to use and greatly enhances the reporting capabilities of both HR and payroll, providing quick access to high-quality information at any time.
- Kronos’ position-based solution is easily configurable to accommodate employees who work more than one job within the hospital.
- Jodie Tate, chief HR officer, The Westerly Hospital
"With Kronos, we are automating most of our processes, enabling us to more effectively manage our workforce. The HR component is critical, greatly reducing the administrative burden on our managers and empowering employees to have access to and control their own data. We had a strong and dedicated implementation team – we could not have asked for a better group of consultants to work with!"
- Brian Graves, global practice leader, healthcare, Kronos
"Westerly Hospital understands the value that an end-to-end workforce management solution brings. From controlling labor costs, to minimizing compliance risk, to improving productivity, being smart about labor management enables good decision-making at all levels of an organization. In the end, employees spend less time dealing with administrative details and more time contributing to a working environment where the focus is on exceptional patient care."
About Westerly Hospital Healthcare
The Westerly Hospital is a 125-bed hospital that provides Washington (RI) and New London (CT) County residents a wide array of medical, surgical, laboratory and rehabilitative services using state-of-the-art technology in an intimate, community hospital setting. With 135 primary and specialty physicians dedicated to the patients they serve, the hospital has earned one of the highest patient satisfaction rankings in the country. From birth, through emergencies and advanced procedures, the hospital serves the entire community with family-centered medical care that’s leading edge, yet respectful, compassionate, committed and accountable to our patients.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.