Surgical Care Affiliates Selects Kronos to Control Labor Costs and Minimize Compliance Risk
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 10, 2011 — Surgical Care Affiliates, one of the largest networks of outpatient surgery centers in the U.S., selected a comprehensive workforce management solution from Kronos Incorporated. Led by physicians and guided by a philosophy of clinical excellence, the organization chose to automate processes with Kronos® to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity for enhanced delivery of quality care.
- Surgical Care Affiliates selected the time and attendance and employee scheduling solutions from Kronos, and the Kronos solutions will help the organization gain complete visibility over labor data across 140 locations. This will help members of management across all levels view resource allocation in alignment with demand and budget in real time, enabling them to take preemptive action and avoid costly labor-related errors.
- Prior to Kronos, Surgical Care Affiliates used a variety of locally administered systems and processes for tracking time and scheduling employees. By helping the organization track time accurately and schedule precisely, Kronos will enable it to more effectively control its largest operational expense: labor costs.
- Kronos will also help Surgical Care Affiliates minimize compliance risk with federal, state, and other labor laws and regulations. For example, through automation of pay policies, Kronos will help the organization give employees in varied locations the amount of meal and rest breaks as mandated by the different states.
- Surgical Care Affiliates will leverage the Kronos cloud services offering, in which Kronos performs hosting, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades. By outsourcing these functions to Kronos, Surgical Care Affiliates will improve the reliability of its workforce management solution and accelerate ROI.
- Bryan Olson, senior director, operational efficiency, ,Surgical Care Affiliates
"Surgical Care Affiliates, a rapidly growing company, has always put clinical quality first. And Kronos will help us manage our most expensive costs so we can keep our focus on serving our physicians, caring for our patients, and improving healthcare in America. We are operating in a tough cost environment and partners like Kronos are extraordinarily important to help us navigate through these challenging times."
- Brian Graves, global practice leader of healthcare, Kronos
"Surgical Care Affiliates is a strong example of clinical quality, service excellence, accountability, and continuous improvement. By helping manage the workforce more effectively, Kronos will further support the organization's core values and will also positively impact both clinical and business outcomes through added efficiencies."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.