Smart & Final Stores LLC Selects Kronos® for Fast Payback
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Sept. 13, 2010 — Smart & Final Stores LLC, operator of approximately 293 retail stores across western U.S. and northern Mexico, selected workforce management solutions from Kronos® Incorporated to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. The retailer expects payback within less than a year from the Kronos solutions.
- Smart & Final plans to use the integrated time and attendance and employee scheduling solutions from Kronos for approximately 6,000 employees across all stores.
- Through complete automation and enterprise-wide standardization of critical workforce business processes, Kronos will provide the retailer real-time visibility into labor data that will enable proper enforcement of complex work and pay rules across all stores.
- The Kronos scheduling solution will help Smart & Final deliver enhanced customer service through optimal schedules based on accurate forecasting that aligns labor to demand. With the scheduling process completely automated, managers will achieve consistency in scheduling and will also be able to invest more time in training employees and spend additional time serving customers.
- Smart & Final required a scalable workforce management solution that could be expanded to include implementations across warehouses and additional locations. The retailer has recently expanded into Colorado and required a standardized solution to support growth.
- Smart & Final currently operates approximately 253 stores in Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and northern Mexico under the Smart & Final and Cash and Carry Banners along with 40 farmer's market-style stores under the "Henry's Farmers Markets" and "Sun Harvest Markets" banners in California and Texas.
- Dave Baker, director of store labor management systems, Smart & Final Stores LLC
"Our quality products and competitive pricing continues to drive our expansion, however, customer service is at the core of any retailer’s success. Through real-time labor data analysis, Kronos will help us further boost productivity to enhance the in-store customer experience. Additionally, Kronos will also help us control labor costs and minimize compliance risks."
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president, vertical marketing, Kronos
"Increasingly consumers are looking for convenience in their retail experience. They want to save time and money and get in and out quickly. We help our retail customers provide environments that are optimal for superior shopping experiences. By tracking time accurately and optimizing schedules, Smart & Final is effectively managing its biggest asset and largest controllable expense - the workforce - to offer the best shopper outcomes."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.