Salida Hospital District Deploys in the Kronos Cloud; Boosts Employee Engagement
LAS VEGAS, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition, March 1, 2016 - Salida Hospital District, a community hospital based in Salida, Colo., has significantly improved employee engagement with its use of the Kronos Workforce Ready suite deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Workforce Ready, an enterprise-class workforce management cloud solution with full human capital management capabilities for small and midsize businesses, has also helped Salida Hospital District more effectively manage compliance and gain faster return on investment.
- With more than 425 employees serving a critical access hospital with 25 beds, Salida Hospital deployed Kronos to streamline and automate key processes for consistency in workforce management. Prior to Kronos, the hospital used manual processes and this resulted in disparate systems lacking scalability; error-prone entry of employee data; and heavy reliance on IT slowing down HR changes - all of which ultimately impacted employee engagement.
- Salida Hospital replaced previous manual processes with Kronos and currently uses the Kronos time and attendance, HR, and payroll applications. For added innovation in how the hospital collects time-worked data from employees, Salida Hospital also purchased Kronos InTouch time clocks to provide employees more control over their time, enabling them to easily check accrual balances and request time off - all in real time.
- With Kronos, Salida Hospital now has a single employee record for a diverse group of employees and with more consistent application of hours employees should work in a day, number of breaks they should have and when, the hospital now offers a more equitable work environment.
- Configurable performance reviews and goals also improve the employee-manager relationship. All of these benefits have significantly enhanced employee engagement across all departments and patient care delivery has also improved as a result. Additionally, Kronos provides Salida Hospital's HR department more autonomy and flexibility, enabling faster HR-related changes.
- Kronos has also helped Salida Hospital with more proactive management of its Affordable Care Act (ACA) strategy with real-time data visibility and automated alerts.
- Finally, by deploying in the Kronos Cloud, Salida Hospital has reduced IT involvement, which is important for small to midsize hospitals focused on critical access care. Also, with Kronos performing all configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of the workforce management solution, the IT department can focus resources on patient care objectives.
Barb Lutz, vice president, human resources, Salida Hospital District
"Kronos makes management of a complex, diverse workforce easy and has helped us achieve high levels of employee engagement, which is of utmost importance to a hospital as the workforce is our biggest asset. Also with Kronos Cloud, we continue to gain these benefits and evolve and scale as smoothly and quickly as possible."
Susan M. Reese, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
"It is rewarding to work with Salida Hospital District, helping it achieve its workforce management goals. The hospital shares Kronos' passion about employee engagement and we are committed to not only helping it achieve benefits today but well into the future with continued innovation and investment in workforce management technology."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/salida-hospital-district-deploys-in-the-kronos-cloud-boosts-employee-engagement.aspx