Sainsbury’s Selects Kronos to Optimize Workforce Management of More Than 150,000 Employees
CHELMSFORD, Mass. and WOKINGHAM, UK, Jan. 31, 2012 — Leading retailer Sainsbury’s has selected a workforce management solution from Kronos Incorporated to control labor costs and improve workforce productivity. The Kronos solution will manage the time and attendance and scheduling of more than 150,000 colleagues in over 1,000 locations across the UK.
- As part of Sainsbury’s commitment to being a “Great Place to Work”, it required a workforce management solution to support employees by offering a consistent, fair, and equitable approach to working practices.
- Prior to selecting Kronos, Sainsbury’s managed time and attendance and scheduling through a blend of manual and partially automated processes.
- Sainsbury’s selected Kronos following an extensive search of the market on the basis of Kronos offering technology that is easy to use; having vast experience in delivering rapid implementations; and a proven track record with large-scale retail implementations.
- Rob Fraser, IT director, Sainsbury’s
“Kronos software will help us manage and allocate our labor in store and pay our colleagues more effectively, while allowing us to benefit from simplifying our current processes. Improved information will make it easier to provide our customers with fantastic service.”
- Tim Bisley, general manager, Kronos EMEA
“It’s essential for retailers to manage the workforce effectively. We’re very pleased to be working with Sainsbury’s on a project that will improve their operational efficiencies and bottom-line results."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Indrani Ray-Ghosal Caroline Powell
Kronos Incorporated (U.S.) Kronos Incorporated (UK)
+1 978.947.3042 0208 297 5388