Safelite AutoGlass Fixes the Nicks and Cracks of Managing a Field Workforce with Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 9, 2012 — Safelite AutoGlass® recently expanded its use of workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to automate critical business processes for nearly 10,000 employees across 475 locations in all 50 U.S. states. With 80 percent of its workforce comprised of field-based workers who serve more than 4.4 million customers per year, Safelite required a mobile connection to its workforce management solution. Kronos met those needs – and many others – through its workforce mobile applications, which provide on-the-go access regardless of where or when a manager or employee requires access.
- Safelite AutoGlass, the nation’s leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, and an existing user of Kronos time and attendance and absence management solutions, recently selected workforce mobile applications from Kronos.
- Kronos mobile applications will help field associates save time and improve productivity by enabling them to send schedule updates through mobile devices. With mobile applications, managers will also be able to easily track employee availability so they can assign the most qualified field associates to tasks and get them on the road as quickly as possible. Also, time-off requests, work orders, and requests for parts can be made with Kronos mobile applications, helping associates avoid trips back to home offices.
- In addition, Safelite purchased the next generation user interface, the integrated forecasting and scheduling, and labor analytics applications from Kronos. The next generation user interface will offer Safelite managers and employees instant access to information they need to do their jobs, as well as recommend solutions to common workforce challenges.
- The integrated forecasting and scheduling tool will help Safelite better align labor to customer demand. Automating the scheduling process with Kronos will also help Safelite improve customer satisfaction, as managers will have insight into skill sets of technicians before scheduling them at a certain time in a specific location.
- Kronos will also help Safelite with market segmentation through access to both regional and national data about labor skills required in different locations, which will allow the organization to better meet specific market needs. Safelite will use this data to track capital spent per job and different labor standards used. All of this information will provide powerful insights, which can positively impact the bottom line.
- Renee Cacchillo, vice president of service delivery, Safelite AutoGlass
"Our products are really our people who are on the front lines delivering service to customers. Delighting our customers is our top priority and employee satisfaction is a key part of delivering on it. We’re excited about the new solutions from Kronos, which will allow us to empower our field-based employees and managers, and ensure that they are in the right place on time, continuing to offer our customers the high quality service they’ve come to expect within their preferred timelines."
- Malysa O’Connor, director, services and distribution practice group, Kronos
"In the field service industry, optimizing and monitoring the performance of a highly mobile workforce is critical to delivering exceptional service. Safelite is an excellent example of a progressive field organization with an innovative approach to managing a mobile workforce. We are excited to extend our relationship with the organization, providing advanced workforce management tools that will help deliver on its employee and customer-first approach."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.