Rosemont, Illinois Turns to Kronos to Manage a Complex Workforce
CHELMSFORD, Mass., April 18, 2016 - Kronos Incorporated today announced that the local government of Rosemont, Ill. has selected its Kronos Workforce Central suite to more effectively manage its workforce. Part of the Chicago metropolitan area, known as the "Gold Corridor" for its economic relevance, Rosemont was faced with the issue of managing a complex mix of full- and part-time employees and turned to Kronos.
- Home to major company headquarters, office and industrial parks, exhibition and entertainment centers, medical facilities, shopping centers, hotels, and restaurants, Rosemont is replacing its previous payroll bureau vendor with Kronos for a more comprehensive and improved workforce management process.
- The local government selected Kronos time and attendance and payroll applications to standardize a variety of pay codes that track types of work such as regular or overtime as well as pay rules, which define pay periods and payroll policies. This will help Rosemont manage overtime accurately and ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and union labor laws including the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Rosemont tested the Kronos solution and found that Kronos runs accurate ACA-related tracking reports in a fraction of the time compared to other providers, reducing both time and cost while increasing accuracy.
- Kronos will offer Rosemont increased flexibility by accommodating changes through its highly configurable interface within the system. This will enable the local government to implement organizational decisions and changes as they arise in a faster and smoother manner.
- Accurate tracking of multiple thresholds of overtime is a critical need for Rosemont as local government employees often work in multiple departments, juggling a variety of schedules. Kronos will help Rosemont track multiple jobs and overtime thresholds more effectively.
- Additionally, Kronos will offer a single source for workforce management needs and through integration with Rosemont's ERP system, Kronos will help ensure that accurate time-worked data is entered into the ERP system, increasing the overall quality of the process.
Don Calmeyn, director of finance, Rosemont, Illinois
"We needed a robust workforce management solution, and selected Kronos to replace a previous payroll system as Kronos has an unmatched reputation in the market and can handle the complexity of our pay rules. We have multiple thresholds of overtime and most payroll vendors can't even handle two overtime thresholds within one pay card. Additionally, Kronos accommodates changes in the system so when we make a change required for business reasons, the system doesn't crumble. Finally, the implementation team Kronos provided was the best."
Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
"Advanced government workforce management approaches are essential given the intense pressure on government entities, large or small, to preserve budget dollars and help ensure the continuity of services and programs. This is why governments need to completely automate and streamline workforce management processes, no matter how complex. We are pleased to see Rosemont adopting a comprehensive and modern approach to workforce management so it can best serve its community."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/rosemont-illinois-turns-to-kronos-to-manage-a-complex-workforce-deploys-in-the-kronos-cloud.aspx