Renault-Nissan Automotive India Selects Kronos to Drive Workforce Productivity
BENGALURU, India, and CHELMSFORD, Mass., Sept. 17, 2012 — Renault-Nissan Automotive India has chosen workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to drive workforce productivity at its automotive manufacturing plant in Chennai, India.
- Renault-Nissan Automotive India is the Indian subsidiary of Renault-Nissan. Renault-Nissan's Chennai factory was opened in 2010 and currently has a workforce of 7,500 spread across its 640-acre facility.
- The state-of-the-art facility is continuously ramping up its production numbers. This necessitated a reliable automated solution that provided real-time workforce visibility across all aspects of manufacturing to keep productivity high.
- Driving frontline employee engagement through self-service kiosks, quick and accurate closure of monthly payroll, and managing workforce compliance were some of the other reasons Renault-Nissan chose Kronos workforce management solutions.
- Renault-Nissan selected time and attendance, absence management, and scheduling solutions from Kronos, in addition to Kronos InTouch® time clocks for use by all employees.
- With Kronos, Renault-Nissan will move all workforce data collection to one system, which will enable improved visibility and control. Also, Kronos will help eliminate paper-based, manual processes leading to improved productivity and reduced costs.
- Additionally, Kronos will enable shop-floor managers to have a real-time view of employee availability, and hence effectively schedule employees and make quicker decisions to ensure higher productivity.
- Ramuni Nair, head of human resources, Renault-Nissan Automotive India
"We were keen on a completely automated workforce management solution to manage our rapidly growing workforce, and yet maintain our high levels of efficiency and productivity. We evaluated multiple solutions and chose Kronos, as its solution could accommodate all of our requirements. In addition, Kronos has an established presence in large manufacturing organizations in India, and offers best practices for global automotive companies."
- James Thomas, country manager, Kronos India
"Renault-Nissan recognizes that operational excellence starts with the workforce. This leading automotive organization is taking important steps to leverage Kronos expertise in workforce management solutions to reshape its people supply chain to deliver even better performance. Renault-Nissan’s selection of Kronos further accelerates our market presence in India, a region in which we have a tremendous opportunity to help organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.in or www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and InTouch are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
+91 98925 06857
+91 80 30982832