Paper Citing Kronos Retail Labor Index™ Receives National Association for Business Economics Award
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 11, 2010 — Kronos® Incorporated today announced that the National Association for Business Economics (NABE) has presented its 2010 Contributed Papers Award to Kronos Chief Economist Dr. Robert Yerex for his paper "Consumer-Driven Economy at a Crossroads." This paper describes a model of the U.S. economy using a number of new economic indicators, including the Kronos Retail Labor Index™.
- The Kronos Retail Labor Index is a family of metrics and indices that analyze the relationship between the demand and supply sides of the labor market within the U.S. retail sector, and provide a distinct and early indicator of the overall state of the economy.
- Dr. Robert Yerex, chief economist at Kronos and creator of the Kronos Retail Labor Index, has been recognized as a 2010 Contributed Papers Award winner by NABE.
- Dr. Yerex's paper, "Consumer-Driven Economy at a Crossroads," discusses the role of consumer spending within the tightening constraints of the "new normal" economy.
- Dr. Yerex will present the paper at the 2010 NABE Annual Meeting, taking place this week in Denver. The 52nd Annual NABE Meeting will feature top professionals and policymakers covering a range of topics related to economics. The event will focus on the long-term outlook for the U.S and global economies, and the enduring challenges and potential opportunities that will impact business decisions and policymaking over the next decade.
- Tom Beers, Executive Director, NABE
"NABE is pleased to recognize and promote critical thinking from economists such as Dr. Yerex as part of our mission to provide leadership in the use and understanding of economics."
- Dr. Robert Yerex, chief economist, Kronos
"It is an honor to be recognized by NABE. The models featured in this paper were developed as part of our efforts at Kronos to leverage the unique data sets we have available to provide economists and policy makers with information on the U.S. economy that cannot be found elsewhere."
- About NABE – NABE is the premier professional association for business economists and those who use economics in the workplace. Since 1959, NABE has attracted the brightest minds and the most prominent figures in economics, business, and academia to its membership with highly-regarded conferences, educational and career development offerings, industry surveys, and its unrivaled networking opportunities. The NABE membership is organized into ten subject-oriented Roundtables, including: Corporate Planning, Financial, Health Economics, International, Manufacturing/Industry, Real Estate/Construction, Regional/Utility, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Technology, and Transfer Pricing. Past presidents of NABE include former Chairman of the Board of Governors for the Federal Reserve System, Alan Greenspan, several former Federal Reserve Governors, and other senior business leaders. For more information, please visit www.nabe.com.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos is a registered trademark and Kronos Retail Labor Index is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
National Association for Business Economics