Organizations Worldwide Control the Cost of Employee Absence with Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 31, 2011— Organizations looking to more effectively manage the worldwide problem of absenteeism are increasingly turning to Kronos Incorporated for their absence management needs, as illustrated by a 28-percent increase in absence management product revenue. The easy-to-own, automated solution from Kronos® helps organizations manage planned and unplanned absences, and reduces administrative headaches and compliance risk associated with specialized leave laws.
- Unscheduled absences, such as when an employee calls in sick at the last minute, cost organizations 8.7 percent of payroll each year as discussed in a recent survey conducted by Mercer and sponsored by Kronos.
- The Kronos Absence Manager™ solution helps organizations automate and streamline the application of their attendance and leave policies – no matter how complex – so they can enforce rules consistently and control the costs, risks, and productivity effects associated with employee absence.
- For the 12 months ending June 2011, Kronos revenue derived from the sales of its absence management product was up 28 percent.
- Organizations such as Beaver Dam Community Hospitals, Keystone Foods, Sabre Holdings, and The University of New Mexico have selected Kronos for absence management.
- Christopher Albanese, business analyst, Briggs & Stratton Corporation
"With Kronos, we are controlling costs through more efficient tracking of all paid time off, are managing leave cases better, have the ability to monitor and track employee absenteeism, and have confidence in knowing that we are accurately paying our workforce."
- Lisa Rowan, program director, HR, Talent, and Learning Strategies, IDC
"Absence is a productivity killer. On average, incidental, unplanned absences result in 19 percent of net lost productivity per day. To control the impact of absenteeism, organizations need visibility into trends so they can control costs. With a best-of-breed solution like the one Kronos offers, organizations get an easy-to-use, easy-to-own solution that helps them control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity."
- Bill Bartow, vice president of global product management, Kronos
"Absence management is a critical component of any robust workforce management solution. We are seeing increasing demand for our absence management solution as organizations look for ways to optimize their labor spend. As more and more organizations adopt our integrated approach to absence management, we continue to innovate and deliver more automated features that are easy to use and can be rapidly implemented."
- David O’Connell, senior analyst, Nucleus Research, Inc.
"Kronos enables organizations to more consistently address absenteeism and attendance violations and administer both paid and unpaid leave. This enables managers to reduce labor expenses, reduce compliance risk, and ensure equitable and consistent administration of leave and attendance policies."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and Kronos Absence Manager is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.