NW Natural Selects Kronos to Improve Staffing Efficiency
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 9, 2011 — NW Natural, one of the largest independent natural gas utility companies in the U.S., has selected a solution from Kronos Incorporated to achieve greater efficiencies in scheduling its workforce of 300 field employees. This will further help NW Natural control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- NW Natural will significantly reduce paper-based staffing processes with the Kronos scheduling solution, which incorporates and automates complex staffing processes and consolidates those into a paper-free, user-friendly online staffing environment.
- With Kronos, NW Natural employees will have instant 24/7 online access to working schedules, promoting improved communication pipelines throughout the organization and ensuring that users are scheduled when and where they are needed.
- Kronos will enable NW Natural to maximize resources by greatly reducing the time and effort it takes to fill open shifts. The solution will automatically place telephone calls to employees to notify them of open shifts, while keeping a complete audit trail to ensure that staffing efficiency is not only maximized, but that employees are contacted fairly in strict adherence to company policies as well as federal and state labor law regulations.
- In addition, the scheduling solution will integrate with the organization’s CGI PragmaCAD and SAP HR systems, enabling the company to share up-to-date employee and staffing information while maintaining data integrity. This will further extend the value of NW Natural's investment in its ERP systems.
- Greg Ekstrom, vice president and general manager, Kronos TeleStaff Solutions Group
"Kronos offers a proven automated scheduling solution that meets high eco-friendly standards by not only reducing but essentially eliminating paper-based scheduling processes. Also labor costs represent one of the largest controllable expenses for private utility companies and through automation of critical workforce business processes, NW Natural is a great example of a progressive organization focused on enhancing delivery of services and efficiency."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and TeleStaff is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.