New Video Reveals Startling Statistics about the Work Week
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 9, 2010 – Today, Kronos® Incorporated released a new video which highlights how the work week has evolved through labor regulations, technological innovations, and shifting workplace norms. The video is the second in a series of impactful videos by Kronos (in collaboration with XPlane) that illustrate the ever-changing global workforce. The first video in the series, "How Will You Manage?" has been viewed more than 40,000 times on YouTube.
- The "How Will Your Week Work?" video provides startling work week facts such as:
- 40 percent of workers say they bring work home to complete at night or work overtime, at least once a week
- 15 percent of people admit that they are addicted to email – some confessed to checking their email at the beach, weddings, and even at funerals
- The number of workers who work remotely is on the rise – in 2009, 28 percent of the global workforce worked remotely and by 2016, an expected 43 percent of the workforce will become remote workers; studies show that working remotely improves productivity by 15 percent
- Workplace perks for some workers include the option to work four 10-hour work days, access to onsite medical centers, or the use of a company car
- When it comes to vacation time, the number of vacation days given to workers varies across the globe – and a whopping 26 percent of Americans state that they never take vacations
- One out of four people state that they work during the weekend, and more than 62 percent of workers say that they check their work email over the weekend
- Jim Kizielewicz, chief marketing officer, Kronos
"We recognize that as work weeks have evolved, organizations and their employees struggle to keep up with the changing policies, technologies, and expectations. The "How Will Your Week Work?" video provides a look at these changes."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark and KronosWorks is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.