New Look Selects Kronos to Maximize Labor Productivity in European Stores
WOKINGHAM, UK and CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 2, 2012 — Fashion retailer New Look has selected workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to maximize labor productivity and increase sales conversion rates in its 670 stores in the UK, Ireland, France, and Belgium. Kronos will optimize the scheduling and manage the time and attendance of 16,000 full- and part-time staff and align labor to demand in each store.
- Kronos will use a combination of historical sales data, predicted sales figures, shopper numbers, and essential store tasks to determine the optimum staffing schedules for each store, matching labor requirements to individual store demand. This will ensure that workforce productivity is maximised, labor costs are controlled, and customer service is optimized.
- A key anticipated benefit is to improve conversion rates and drive profitable sales.
- Driving factors in the selection included Kronos’ international expertise, proven customer successes, and the company’s comprehensive retail industry expertise.
- In addition to scheduling and time and attendance applications, New Look will use the revolutionary new time clock, the Kronos®InTouch™, the first time clock built for today’s workforce, which features an unrivalled user experience, robust employee self-service, and cloud-ready capabilities.
- Selecting Kronos for its retail stores has reinforced New Look’s relationship with Kronos, as 1,000 employees at New Look’s distribution center have used Kronos for time and attendance since 1997.
- Steve Challes, head of channel development, New Look
“Our priority was to leverage a proven workforce management solution to increase the productivity of our retail colleagues and improve sales conversion rates. Kronos will support us in the key objective of scheduling the optimum number of people at all points throughout the day. We look forward to benefiting from Kronos’ international expertise as we roll out the solution throughout Europe.”
- Tim Bisley, general manager, Kronos EMEA
“It is imperative for retailers to manage their workforce effectively and deliver great customer service – both of which can result in sales uplift. We are delighted to strengthen our long-standing relationship with New Look, and thrilled to work with the team on this exciting project.”
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.