Mercy Hospital, Iowa City Deploys in the Kronos Cloud
CHELMSFORD, Mass., June 30, 2015 - Kronos Incorporated today announced that Mercy Hospital, Iowa City has selected the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions to be deployed in the Kronos Cloud.
- With employees across 15 locations, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City needed to replace its previous decentralized workforce management system with an automated and standardized process. By selecting Kronos, the hospital has now consolidated eight disparate systems into one, increasing efficiency and accuracy of processes.
- Kronos offers Mercy Hospital, Iowa City a fully integrated solution including time and attendance, human resources, payroll, employee scheduling, absence management, and hiring applications. And by deploying in the Kronos Cloud, the hospital will rely on Kronos to perform all configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of the workforce management solution, enabling its IT department to focus resources on care delivery priorities.
- Kronos will also help Mercy Hospital, Iowa City improve reporting capabilities through advanced dashboards, capturing data from the entire organization. Accurate and timely data will help the hospital make more effective decisions regarding operations. For example, the Kronos solution will proactively offer notifications when employees are approaching overtime and provide guided decision-making capabilities for managers through greater visibility into real-time data. Employees will benefit greatly with more flexibility over their schedules through shift-swap options and other self-service features.
- Mercy Hospital, Iowa City also purchased Kronos mobile applications, enabling managers and employees to spend less time on administrative work. Instead they can now approve timecards and request time off - from any location, at any time while serving patients.
- Kronos was selected after a thorough evaluation of competing vendors and was chosen for its experience in healthcare deployments and deep knowledge of the industry. Kronos demonstrated operational gains as well as clinical benefits to all decision makers.
Casey S. Greene, MBA, compensation and benefits manager, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City
"Hospitals must keep pace with the upcoming changes in the healthcare industry and make processes efficient to truly meet the needs of a value-driven care delivery model, which is the new normal today. With Kronos, we are excited to demonstrate benefits to all stakeholders at the hospital including administrators, managers, employees, and patients. Kronos is the only vendor in the market today with demonstrable clinical benefits and, very importantly, gives all employees a consolidated solution for improved productivity so they can focus more on quality care delivery."
Susan M. Reese, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
"Mercy Hospital, Iowa City is exemplary in its responsible use of resources for the common good of the community. We are very pleased with the hospital selecting our suite of solutions, especially deployed in the cloud to achieve best-possible results for both employees and patients. We will continue to innovate to offer such customers the industry's most complete solution that helps engage employees and deliver operational and clinical results."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/mercy-hospital-iowa-city-deploys-in-the-kronos-cloud.aspx