Mainstream Energy Corporation Selects Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., May 12, 2011 — Mainstream Energy Corporation, parent company of leading, fast-growing U.S. solar energy companies REC Solar and AEE Solar, has selected workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to automate and centralize workforce business processes. Kronos® workforce management solutions are expected to save the organization time and money as it continues to expand its workforce.
- Mainstream Energy selected the time and attendance solution and mobile workforce management applications from Kronos for use by all 600 employees across 12 states. Prior to Kronos, the organization used multiple, disparate workforce management solutions that lacked complete automation and scalability capabilities.
- With Kronos, Mainstream Energy will be able to move all labor data collection to one system, which will enable a better audit trail. Also, Kronos will help eliminate all paper-based manual processes leading to increased accuracy and efficiency. This is especially important to Mainstream Energy as it is growing at a rate of 60 percent year-over-year, and currently hiring one new employee every workday.
- Mainstream Energy also needed to address the challenges of a diverse workforce as some of its employees work in remote locations where there is no computer access. Previously, these employees had to rely on memory when tracking time, but with mobile applications from Kronos, they will be able to accurately enter their time through mobile devices.
- Also, managers will now require only three to five minutes to approve employee time and time-off requests and they can do so instantly from their mobile devices instead of waiting for the end of the week to collect data from disparate locations. As a result, Mainstream Energy will reduce payroll processing time.
- Additionally, the Kronos solution integrates with Mainstream Energy’s ERP system, and will improve the overall quality of the system by providing real-time, accurate labor data. This will further extend the value of its ERP investment.
- Per Madsen, vice president, human resources, Mainstream Energy
"Having a shared, single source for all labor data entering the payroll system is critical for our aggressive growth strategy. Through real-time visibility into labor data, Kronos will allow us to effectively measure workforce productivity, which will help us further optimize our labor resources and control labor-related costs. Finally, as a renewable energy company, we are also committed to conserving natural resources, and Kronos will help us reduce the use of paper."
- Gregg Gordon, senior director of manufacturing industry marketing, Kronos
"We are pleased to engage with Mainstream Energy to help it effectively manage its workforce through its rapid growth. Energy companies are in a race to meet the growing demand for energy through renewable sources. Kronos is excited to offer innovative solutions that reduce the time spent collecting and managing data from a workforce spread across large geographical distances to help energy companies address their unique needs."
About Mainstream Energy
Mainstream Energy operates two wholly owned subsidiaries, REC Solar and AEE Solar, both respected, leading brands in the U.S. solar industry. The companies serve nearly all "downstream" solar markets including residential, business, government system installations, and system component distribution to installers and developers by leveraging common tools, systems and expertise from the parent company. To learn about solar design and system installation solutions visit www.recsolar.com and for more on solar component distribution services, visit www.aeesolar.com.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated.All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.