Kronos to Discuss the Science of Hiring at SIOP 2012
Kronos Incorporated today announced that several scientists from Kronos will lead panel discussions and research-based symposiums at the 27th Annual Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Conference.
April 26-28, 2012
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
San Diego, Calif.
The Kronos science team speaks at various conferences about industrial and organizational (I/O) psychology and how it applies to the fields of hiring and selection. Their in-depth research has been published in a range of journals, books, and encyclopedia entries and they are often quoted in the media about topics related to the I/O discipline. In addition to their participation and membership in SIOP, the Kronos science team is also active in the American Psychological Association, Society of Human Resource Management, and Society of Occupational Health Psychology.
The Kronos science team is delivering the following sessions at SIOP:
- Trish Barger, Ph.D., assessment scientist:
- "Investigating the Effects of Applicant Reactions on Re-application Behavior" – with Anne Thissen-Roe, Ph.D., psychometrician (Symposium)
- Mike Baysinger, Ph.D., assessment scientist:
- "The Dark Side of Teams: Psychopathy, Aversive Climate, and Deviance" (Poster)
- "The Disruptive Effects of Psychopathy and Aggression on Group Effectiveness" (Poster)
- Phillip Mangos, Ph.D., senior scientist:
- "Modeling Retest Trajectories: Trait, Scoring Algorithm, and Implicit Feedback Effects" (Symposium)
- "Recovering Ability and Non-ability Components Underlying Situational Judgment" (Symposium)
- John Morrison, Ph.D., chief scientist:
- "Reality Check: Explaining Complex Testing Approaches to End Users" (Panel)
- "You Asked Me That Already: Retest Behavior of Personality Items" – with Mike Baysinger, Ph.D., assessment scientist and Anne Thissen-Roe, Ph.D., psychometrician (Symposium)
- Anne Thissen-Roe., Ph.D., psychometrician:
- "Modeling retest Trajectories: Trait, Scoring Algorithm, and Implicit Feedback Effects" (Symposium)
- "Plays well with SJTs: Building a Mixed-format Item Pool for Personality CAT" – with Phillip Mangos, Ph.D., senior scientist (Symposium)
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.