Kronos® Significantly Expands Presence in India
Opens New Corporate Facility in Noida as Workforce Management Software Grows in Relevance in India
NEW DELHI, India, and CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 25, 2010 —Kronos® Incorporated, the global leader in workforce management solutions, plans to more than double the size of its engineering population in India within the next 24 months. In support of its major expansion plans, Kronos today announced the opening of a new corporate facility in the iconic 3Cs Knowledge Boulevard IT Park in Noida. Kronos also operates offices in Bangalore and Mumbai.
"We are excited to welcome additional skilled Indian workers to join us on our quest to develop, sell, and service software that makes global workforces more productive," stated Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer, at a press event held in New Delhi today. "Employment at Kronos is an exciting opportunity to experience the stability and support of a well-established company with the energy and autonomy you'd expect from a smaller company."
- Workforce management is growing in relevance in India
- Leading organizations – including more than 600 of the Fortune 1000 companies – are achieving significant business benefits using Kronos solutions. Labor is one of the largest controllable expenses for organizations, representing as much as 60 percent of their budget. By using a Kronos solution to reduce over payments, eliminate manual processes and over-scheduling, and provide visibility into labor-related metrics, organizations can yield a 3-5 percent savings in payroll costs.
- The India market – particularly in the manufacturing, healthcare, and services sectors – is increasingly embracing the benefits of using workforce management solutions. With a labor force of 467 million workers within organizations that typically rely on manual processes to manage the time and attendance process, India represents a tremendous opportunity for Kronos to revolutionize the way businesses manage their workforces.
- Kronos customer base is strong and growing
- Kronos revenue in India increased 300 percent in the past 12 months. Kronos' growing customer base in India includes leading multi-nationals and local organizations such as: Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in the rail sector; Eaton, a leading global diversified industrial manufacturer; GENPACT, a global leader in managing business processes; Hindustan Zinc Ltd., the largest integrated Indian producer of zinc and lead; Medanta – The Medicity, one of India's largest multi-super specialty institutes; and Viraj Profiles Limited, one of the world’s largest producers of stainless steel products.
- Recent customer wins include: Aircel, one of the largest telecom providers in India; Cummins, a leading manufacturer of diesel engines; Delhi International Airport (DIAL), the largest airport in India; Good Year, a leading global tire manufacturer; Jubilant, a leading life sciences company; Lakshmi Machine Works, a leading textile machinery manufacturer in India; Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management; and Sterlite Industries, India’s largest non-ferrous metals and mining company.
- Next generation of workforce management is fueling growth
- In addition to its ability to control labor costs, improve workforce productivity, and minimize compliance risk, demand for Kronos solutions in India is being fueled by Kronos' revolutionary new workforce management products. Recognizing that today’s top consumer-oriented technologies have forever changed the way people interact with technology, Kronos is fundamentally revolutionizing the way business application software is designed and used, defining an entirely new generation of workforce management products.
- Kronos offers a new user experience based on Rich Internet Applications (RIA) technology that harnesses the ease of use and intuitiveness of consumer-oriented technologies to help organizations manage their workforce.
- Peter George, chief technology officer and senior vice president of products and technology, Kronos
"Our new user experience is one of many revolutionary enhancements that Kronos is delivering based on the idea that users should not have to choose between deep functionality and ease of use. The new experience promises to instantly engage users and help managers make the right decisions about how to optimally and efficiently manage their workforce."
- Dr. Naresh Trehan, chairman and managing director, Medanta, one of India's largest and most respected healthcare facilities
"We have built an institution which matches the highest standards of healthcare delivery across the world and we realize that quality of patient care and the reputation of the organization are heavily dependent on the frontline workforce. In addition to solutions like ERP and HIS, we also wanted to deploy a best-of-breed workforce management solution to plan and manage our workforce in real-time. We chose Kronos not only for its ability to meet our requirements but also, as a global leader in healthcare, to bring in the best healthcare practices used by healthcare organizations worldwide."
- Birendra Prasad, general manager of human resources, Delhi International Airport
"World-class airports need world-class solutions. Kronos will bring in the agility and robustness to Delhi International Airport (DIAL) required for managing a large and mission-critical workforce with its Workforce Central® suite."
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, access control, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos, Workforce Central, and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company.
India Media Contacts:
Shweta Makhija, firstname.lastname@example.org, 20:20 Media (+91 9886089479)
Pallavi Ahuja, email@example.com, 20:20 Media (+91 9742353081)
U.S. Media Contact:
Michele Glorie, firstname.lastname@example.org, Kronos (+1 978 947 2855)