Kronos Recognizes Teachers in Conjunction With Teacher
CHELMSFORD, Mass., May
— In conjunction with National Teacher Appreciation Week, Kronos Incorporated today honors the
outstanding contributions of two teachers at the Blackstone Innovation
Elementary School in Boston, Mass.
- Committed to supporting organizations that encourage, educate, and train the next-generation workforce through its GiveInspired corporate giving program, Kronos selected Blackstone Innovation Elementary School as the recipient of a $10,000 donation in recognition of teachers who inspire the future workforce.
- Blackstone, with a student population of 625, has transformed into an “Innovation School”1, recognized for promoting innovative
strategies in a public school environment.
- Kronos recognized Blackstone for several reasons:
- Dedicated Teachers – Ninety percent of Blackstone students come from disadvantaged backgrounds and more than half speak languages other than English at home, requiring Blackstone teachers to deliver top-notch, rigorous instruction in a caring environment. The teachers honored by Kronos are:
Ms. Crystal Collier, highly regarded by her colleagues, students, and families, plans and executes creative lessons that build her students’ engagement and
confidence. Her class has also made significant improvements in English and Math state-level assessment scores.
- Ms. Monica Greene, an outstanding teacher who makes learning rigorous and fun, creates an environment where the path to success is wide enough to fit all her students. As a result, her students feel engaged and excited about moving forward in their learning.
- Commitment to the Whole Child – Blackstone provides services to meet students’ health, social, and emotional needs along with educational requirements. This focus is supported by a school-based health clinic; coaches and facilities helping with active, cooperative play; and school-wide social-emotional curriculum to teach self-management, problem-solving, and leadership. Blackstone teachers also meet families at home to build relationships so students know that the adults in their lives are also working toward their success.
- Culture of Continuous Learning – From the leadership team making frequent classroom observations providing coaching to teachers and providing constant, actionable feedback on students’ work, everyone at Blackstone knows that learning is an ongoing process.
- The Kronos donation will be used toward creation of a Blackstone sensory room, which will support students with a variety of special requirements ranging from social-emotional needs to executive function skills.
Danielle Morrissey, principal, Blackstone Innovation Elementary School
“We are extremely pleased with Kronos’ recognition of our school and particularly with the recognition that Ms. Collier and Ms. Greene have received. They inspire a love of learning in their students every day and their students have matured socially, emotionally, and academically under their leadership.”
Rock Regan, director, education practice group, Kronos
“Teachers shape the workforce of the future and we thank teachers everywhere for doing so. We are honored to recognize Blackstone Innovation Elementary School, an exemplary institution where administrators and teachers are focused on creating a climate of respect among staff and students as well as a rigorous, dynamic, and fun instruction environment.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000®— use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce
Innovation That Works™.
Footnote 1: The Innovation Schools initiative is a signature component of An Act Relative to the Achievement Gap signed into law by Governor Patrick in January 2010.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos
trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/kronos-recognizes-teachers-in-conjunction-with-teacher-appreciation-week.aspx