Kronos Presents Public Sector Excellence in Workforce Management Awards
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Nov. 19, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated recently recognized select public sector customers – the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department; Montgomery County Police Department; and Washington County School District – for outstanding achievements through implementations of Kronos workforce management solutions. The Public Sector Excellence in Workforce Management awards were presented to these organizations last week at KronosWorks™, the world's largest workforce information exchange.
- Award criteria included high returns on investment that can be devoted toward citizen services as well as improved operational efficiencies. Representing three different segments of the public sector – government, education, and public safety – the organizations receiving awards demonstrated strong achievements in these categories.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department implemented the Kronos solution to address unique challenges of managing a diverse workforce, as its employees range from police officers, professional employees, truck drivers, mower operators, and mechanics. By replacing a manual workforce management process with the automated Kronos solution, the state department improved efficiency and accountability, with anticipated annual financial savings of $1.2 million and annual operational savings of $4.5 million.
- Montgomery County Police Department in Maryland selected a comprehensive suite of solutions from Kronos including Kronos TeleStaff™, the leading scheduling and notification solution for public safety organizations. TeleStaff helps the police department address unique challenges of managing resources in a law enforcement environment by enabling the department to use built-in message notification features to disseminate mass messages to employees. Also, a Kronos reporting tool has helped the police department receive partial FEMA reimbursement of overtime costs incurred during a natural disaster recovery program.
- Washington County School District in Utah chose Kronos to manage employees serving grades K-12 across 50 schools and other auxiliary locations. One of the main challenges the school faced before Kronos was that its manual workforce management system did not allow workflow notifications between human resources and payroll departments, adding to administrative burdens. With Kronos, the improvement in payroll processing has saved time and money, as it now takes less than two days to process payroll as opposed to a few weeks. The added efficiency has resulted in cost savings of more than $70,000 per year.
- Leveraging a variety of industry-leading solutions from Kronos, these organizations are now able to effectively control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity.
- Christine Carmichael, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
"As the budget crisis looms and citizen and educational demands remain high, public sector leaders are searching for ways to become more operationally efficient. Considering that labor is government and education’s largest operational cost, a closer inspection of workforce management processes is critical. By automating these processes, organizations can save multimillions of dollars and invest back more in citizen services. The public sector organizations that received the Kronos excellence in workforce management awards are doing just this. We congratulate them for their exemplary use of Kronos technology."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and KronosWorks and TeleStaff are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.