Kronos Launches Workforce Analytics as a Service
CHELMSFORD, Mass., May 23, 2016 - Kronos Incorporated today launched a new Workforce Analytics as a Service offering that allows small and midsize businesses to visualize workforce data using interactive visualization technology to understand how labor hours are being spent as well as gain insight into overall workforce management processes.
- Built solely on the data generated by the Kronos Workforce Central solution, Workforce Analytics as a Service delivers benefits of interactive visualization technology by transforming volumes of workforce data into actionable insights. Presenting important workforce management trends in an effective format, the new service enables Kronos customers to find meaning in high-volume data quickly and accurately.
- Based on the principle that organizations can benefit significantly by taking advantage of the data they already have in lieu of investing in traditional big data applications, the service is presented as an intuitive collection of interactive visualizations based on an organization's unique workforce data. These visualizations offer predefined workforce management trends such as:
- Overtime Trends: The total premium hours used by the entire organization. For example, hours may begin rising during seasonal busy periods if extra headcount is not added and the amount and type of overtime used are dependent upon a broader organizational strategy. Organizations can use this information to identify trends and patterns to determine root causes and plan for similar events in the future.
- Unplanned Absences Trends: Varying types of unplanned absences including sick time, "no call, no show", extended leave, and other unplanned absences. Analysis of this data helps determine the relationship between total unplanned absence hours and regular hours worked. The data shown can be filtered by week, department, and even sub-departments.
- Schedule Edits Trends: The number of edits made over a period of time usually by a supervisor. This can help identify departments or units with significantly high volumes of edits or ones with more stable schedules, helping assess whether employees have enough time to adjust their personal priorities to accommodate work schedules. This also helps organizations examine the rationale for last-minute changes as it could be indicative of a substandard practice or a volatile labor demand.
- For organizations that don't have resources to allocate to big data initiatives, Workforce Analytics as a Service is a valid alternative to gain insights into critical workforce trends that can help increase employee engagement and operational efficiencies. Also, the new service enables Kronos partners to accelerate their big data developments to deliver value to customers.
Mike Emsley, senior vice president, business intelligence and workforce analytics, Workforce Insight
"Workforce Insight is excited to participate in the Kronos Workforce Analytics as a Service initiative because it offers our customers the ability to get rapid insight into the treasure trove of transactional workforce management data they have accumulated. Our customers are asking how they can move faster into workforce analytics and they expect top-notch visualizations and this initiative is the answer to both priorities. Workforce Analytics as a Service will be a game changer for customers that are looking to immediately improve their workforce analytics capabilities."
Gregg Gordon, vice president, big data for workforce management practice group, Kronos
"Workforce Analytics as a Service combines the benefits of large volumes of workforce data, Kronos' understanding of labor data analysis, and the power of interactive visualization technology to provide a new level of customer value. With speed of delivery, ease of use, and lower cost of ownership driving this service, organizations that have historically limited their labor analysis to spreadsheets and custom reporting can now experience the benefits that intuitive visualizations and multi-dimensional analysis can deliver."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/kronos-launches-workforce-analytics-as-a-service.aspx