Kronos Launches Service to Expedite Customer Migration to the Kronos Cloud
CHELMSFORD, Mass., May 18, 2015 — With expertise built on managing more than 14,000 customers in the Kronos Cloud, KronosIncorporated today announced a Cloud Readiness assessment service to help new and existing customers maximize the value of migrating a workforce management solution tothe Kronos Cloud through a customized and comprehensive review of their systems, services, and policies.
- Decision makers in HR, operations, IT, and finance recognize the benefits of deploying in the cloud – faster implementation; geographic distribution; availability of up-to-datesoftware; reduced burden on internal IT staff; and the ability to leverage vendor expertise to manage, scale, and upgrade applications – yet few organizations have the in-house resources to complete a comprehensive audit of internal systems and processes to build a cloud migration plan that keeps the project on time and within budget.
- While IHS Technology predicts that Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) will be a main driver in growing the global workforce management market by almost $1.5 billion from 2013 to 20181, Gartner research indicates, through 2017, the number of organizations using external providers to deliver cloud-related services will rise to 91 percent2 to mitigate cost and security risks as well as to meet business goals and desired outcomes.
- Leveraging Kronos’ deep expertise acquired from deploying thousands of customers in the Kronos Cloud – which includes the migration of hundreds of existing on-premise customers to the Kronos Cloud, such as Charleston CountySchool District, St. Mary’s Hospital, and The Co-operative Group (U.K.) – the Kronos Cloud Readiness assessment provides new and existing customers with a customized, comprehensivereview of their systems, services, and policies to lay the groundwork for an efficient, effective, and low-risk upgrade to the Kronos Cloud.
- Kronos Cloud Readiness provides advanced diagnostic services that are customized for the customer’s specific needs and their environment in three stages to optimize cloud migration from pre-planning to post-implementation:
- Inventory of time clocks, applications, interfaces, reports, and authentication protocols;
- Evaluate architecture and network topology, key application and system configurations, database performance, customer developed interfaces and reports, and workstation requirements; and
- Improve record retention settings, global policy settings, database settings, and other industry best practice recommendations, and change control processes.
- Customers that leverage Kronos Cloud Readiness will have access to critical information and customized consultation services on often overlooked aspects of a cloud rollout while gaining several key benefits, such as:
- Detailed and customized “cloud readiness” executive dashboard to help build a cloud-ready environment of technical, business, and functional best practices;
- Reduction of organizational risk through an independent and comprehensive evaluation of the functional and technical aspects of the cloud migration process;
- Optimized workforce management solution performance and system availability, leading to accelerated adoption and rapid return on investment with ability to implementworkforce management goals faster across the entire organization; and
- Best migration plan while freeing IT staff to focus other business-critical needs.
- Kronos workforce management solutions help organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Organizations that have selected or migrated from on-premise deployments to the Kronos Cloud can more effectively support their corporate strategy with flexibility to manage their workforces while achieving a faster return on investment.
Kristina Lengyel, vice president, professional services, Kronos
“Each and every day we help customers derive maximum value fast from their workforce management investment while delivering the experience they expect. But many of our customers – especially long-standing on-premise customers embarking on a first-time cloud rollout – don’t know what to expect from a cloud migration. Our experts do. With knowledge developed through thousands of Kronos Cloud deployments, organizations can lean on Kronos to provide a smooth upgrade to the cloud while optimizing their workforce management solution.”
Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent, and learning strategies, IDC
“A cloud migration project in workforce management is both significant and comprehensive, so it cannot be taken lightly. For organizations that have been using on-premise workforce management solutions for years, the technical landscape has changed immensely, making it difficult to audit, review, and validate implications of migrating to a cloud model. It’s also much more than migrating servers. The expertise, consultation, and evaluation of the Kronos Cloud Readiness service will help minimize guesswork and maximize results of a cloud migration.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
Footnote 1: IHS Technology, “Workforce Management Solutions – World – 2014,” April 2014.
Footnote 2: Gartner, “Survey Analysis: Cloud Adoption Across Vertical Industries Exhibits More Similarities Than Differences,” February 2015.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark ofKronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/kronos-launches-service-to-expedite-customer-migration-to-the-kronos-cloud.aspx