Kronos Launches Big Data for Workforce Management Practice Group
LAS VEGAS, KronosWorks - Nov. 10, 2014 - Kronos Incorporated today announced the launch of its Big Data for Workforce Management practice group. Built upon the promise of advancing the ability to explore, understand, and act on workforce data to improve financial and operational results, the group will serve as the main point of contact for customers and partners worldwide that want to leverage big data for workforce management.
- With a dedicated approach to simplifying complex workforce data for customers and partners, the new Big Data for Workforce Management practice group provides insight into costly workforce issues, synthesizing volumes of overtime, absence, scheduling, productivity data, and time clock entries against key performance indicators (KPIs). This enables specific uses of big data for workforce management such as:
- Industry-Specific Solutions: Organizations across diverse sectors including healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, and retail can now gain instant visibility into the workforce and productivity intelligence that matter most to them. Examples include a healthcare planning tool that enables hospitals to efficiently align resources with fluctuating demand while maintaining service and quality levels. And in retail, a store manager's workday is simplified through automated guided decision-making about how to balance working hours, employee availability, and demand through a store performance dashboard.
- Actionable Insight: Visualization technology and actionable insight drives progressive discovery and multi-dimensional analysis. With more than 45 visualization options, incorporating internal and external data in different ways, the Big Data for Workforce Management group's data scientists and researchers brings clarity in high-volume workforce data to drive business transformation.
- Advanced Partner Solutions: Through availability of the Kronos big data expertise and a powerful labor analytics solution, Kronos partners can now accelerate their big data developments to address timely industry issues. Examples include Presence of IT, a workforce management advisory and technology consultancy, which has developed an Affordable Care Act application, leveraging the Kronos labor analytics solution, to assist organizations in balancing their objectives regarding service levels and benefits strategies.
- The new group is led by Gregg Gordon, author of Lean Labor: A Survival Guide for Companies Facing Global Competition, a guidebook that provides step-by-step recommendations for cultivating a highly-effective workforce. Lean Labor is currently being transformed into a course by the American Payroll Association. Prior to his new role, Gordon led the manufacturing business practice at Kronos for eight years and traveled around the world counseling large, global brands on workforce management best practices.
- Comprising of strategic consultants, business intelligence designers, and data scientists, the Big Data for Workforce Management practice group combines research and development as well as consultancy. Through technology, deployment, and change management support, the team is committed to helping organizations make big data for workforce management part of their operational strategy.
Holger Mueller, vice president and principal analyst, Constellation Research
"We are increasingly hearing that organizations need solutions that can help them translate heaps of information into digestible and actionable bits of information. There is a huge opportunity to mine big data for workforce management to uncover opportunities and pitfalls in current practices. This will become a growing area of importance for organizations as part of their overarching operational strategy."
Gregg Gordon, senior director, Big Data for Workforce Management practice group, Kronos
"The opportunity for organizations of all sizes, across all industries to leverage big data for positive business outcomes and improved employee engagement is now greater than ever. At Kronos, we recognize that there exists a wealth of workforce data that can be aligned with operational and financial data to monitor processes, improve outcomes, and plan for the future. We are positioned to provide superior value to our customers through our newly formed team of outstanding industry experts and data scientists."
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world's largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks on Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/kronos-launches-big-data-for-workforce-management-practice-group.aspx