Kronos® is Clear Workforce Management Choice for Diverse Retailers Across the Globe
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2011 —The Children's Place, The Container Store, Ocean State Job Lot, Stop and Shop, and numerous other retailers worldwide have chosen workforce management solutions from Kronos® Incorporated. Retailers from all sub-segments – such as department, big box, grocery, discount, and specialty retailers – use Kronos more than any other vendor to provide a superior customer experience by controlling labor costs, minimizing compliance risk, improving productivity, and enhancing the quality of their workforce.
- Many retailers choose Kronos as their "one vendor" for an end-to-end solution. The Kronos suite includes budgeting, hiring, time and attendance, forecasting and scheduling, absence management, labor analytics, and HR and payroll applications.
- Retailers are also drawn to Kronos' ability to support the global workforce management needs of multinational organizations as well as provide local knowledge and support for international customer deployments. In recent months, Kronos signed deals with retailers such as Big W in Australia and IKEA, a multinational retailer in Australia, Canada, China, Norway, U.K. and the U.S.
- Kronos adoption is also rapidly increasing among midsize retailers. The combination of deep functionality, ease-of-use, and low total cost of ownership is helping these growing retailers quickly resolve their workforce management issues. Retailers such as C&K Market, Inc., Cavender's Boot City, Charming Charlie, and Peet's Coffee & Tea are among recent additions to Kronos' strong presence in this space.
- Recognizing that today's top consumer-oriented technologies have forever changed the way people interact with technology, Kronos is fundamentally revolutionizing the way business application software is designed and used. The next generation workforce management solutions from Kronos include a mobile scheduling application that streamlines the process of filling open shifts by allowing managers to send shift requests to multiple employees at once via text (SMS), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), and email to mobile devices.
- James R. Thompson, chief financial officer, Cavender's Boot City
"We conducted a thorough evaluation of the market before selecting Kronos. The comprehensiveness of the Kronos solution with retail-specific functionality made it the clear choice for us. There is no other provider in the market that covers every aspect of workforce management and offers such rich functionality and features that are also easy to use."
- Troy Fee, senior vice president, human resources, Pep Boys
"Kronos' next generation user interface helps us make fact-based decisions very quickly and easily. With just a few clicks, managers have access to all the information they need to run their operations smoothly. They can easily view scheduling coverage, forecasting data, and customer demand information. Then from a set of options, they can select the most appropriate action. It's that easy. These guided decisions save time and help us manage the workforce more effectively."
- Bob Clements, senior principal, Axsium Group
"Axsium's recent workforce management technology survey shows that you can reduce labor spend within 12 months of implementation. Working with Kronos, we have seen retailers achieve such fast payback. Kronos is clearly a workforce management leader for retailers – large and midsize – and across every sector. We look forward to continuing our successful partnership with Kronos through further innovations in technology and strategy."
- Leslie Hand, research director, IDC Retail Insights
"Kronos has created a workforce management solution that is intuitive, easy-to-use, and scalable. As an ex-retailer, I am especially impressed with the new user interface. This technology accomplishes all that it has set out to do – more specifically, enabling retailers of all sizes to more accurately manage their labor to optimize labor resources as well as control labor costs. But now, retailers can get the job done more intuitively and faster, thanks to the state-of-art interface. As labor issues are becoming increasingly complex worldwide, such advanced technology will definitely be in demand for a modern, global workforce."
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president of vertical marketing, Kronos
"Kronos continues to lead in retail – regardless of size of company or sub-segment. We are always innovating on behalf of our customers. More than any other workforce management vendor, we have helped retailers achieve fast and measurable results."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 100th Annual Convention & Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 9-12. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2319.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.