Kronos is Clear Choice for Fast Payback and Innovation in Healthcare Workforce Management
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 24, 2011 — Banner Health, BJC HealthCare, Catholic Health Partners, and The Cleveland Clinic are among more than 7,000 healthcare facilities around the world that have chosen workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity. Increasingly these organizations are turning to Kronos® for the market's most innovative products and services, which help achieve fast payback, often in the form of multimillion-dollar cost savings.
- Kronos helps healthcare organizations achieve significant cost savings by enabling them to make the most-informed labor-related decisions. For example, Banner Health saved more than $10 million through automated scheduling and labor analytics solutions from Kronos; Catholic Health Partners saved $13.5 million annually through real-time analysis of labor resources; identification of root causes driving increased labor costs helped Cleveland Clinic reduce expenses by more than $5 million; Southwest General Hospital saved $10 million in annual staffing costs; and Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center saved millions of dollars through reduced supplemental labor costs and decreased overtime.
- Based on the principles of today's consumer-oriented technologies, Kronos recently released its next generation of workforce management products, which offer the same level of ease of use and intuitiveness as a GPS or iPhone in business applications. One of the revolutionary applications, the Kronos next generation user interface, instantly engages employees and makes it easy to take action.
- Kronos mobile applications for various workforce business processes such as timekeeping and scheduling improve productivity by making it easy for nurse managers to instantly engage with employees using a variety of mobile devices. This enables healthcare organizations to secure qualified and available staff to fill open shifts in minutes; and employees can track their work in real-time while managers can respond instantly to employee requests.
- Kronos’ innovative offerings extend beyond its products. Kronos enables customers to maximize their investment in workforce management technology through a cloud services offering, in which Kronos performs configuration, maintenance, and upgrades. By outsourcing these functions to Kronos, organizations achieve significant cost savings by accelerating ROI, reducing IT burdens, and ensuring that the applications are running optimally at all times.
- Florina Veira-Corbett, operations analyst, Grady Health System
"If hospitals are looking to use mobile technology in the workplace, we highly recommend Kronos. The application saves time and money and both nurses and non-clinical staff love it. Kronos continues to deliver innovative solutions as part of its advanced workforce management suite, which reduces costs and ultimately allows us to spend more time with our patients."
- Carmelo Abaoag, chief information officer, Signature Hospital Corporation
"The Kronos cloud services offering is truly industry leading, providing fast payback, while maintaining a low total cost of software ownership. Healthcare organizations today want quick benefits from technology investments and together with Kronos’ advanced products; the cloud services offering is a win-win option."
- David O'Connell, senior analyst, Nucleus Research, Inc.
"Many healthcare organizations rely on a combination of agency, contractor, overtime, or additional hires to cover staffing needs – all of which add to the payroll budget. With Kronos, users can review overall labor cost trends and then drill down into specific elements to make more informed labor budgeting decisions."
- Brian Graves, global practice leader of healthcare, Kronos
"In the face of reforms and rising labor costs, it is imperative that healthcare organizations focus on their workforce to increase patient safety, reduce fatigue, and ultimately balance the delivery of quality care with the cost to deliver it. Today’s healthcare workforce relies on smart, intuitive devices for personal and business use and leaders are pressured to make effective decisions leading to expedited ROI. Kronos is committed to delivering on both these needs."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated.All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.