Kronos Introduces Latest Version of Workforce Central
ORLANDO — KronosWorks — Nov. 7, 2011 — Kronos Incorporated today introduced the latest version of its Workforce Central® suite, the industry's leading solution for helping organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- Workforce Central 6.3 reflects Kronos' continued mission to prove that workforce management doesn't have to be so hard, with particular investment in strategic areas including:
- Built for the Global Workforce: Enhancements in this latest version deliver tremendous value to multi-national organizations deploying Workforce Central across the globe. With Workforce Central 6.3, customers can now deploy multiple languages on a single server, significantly reducing their IT support costs. New time-off features for hourly, salaried, and contract employees simplify the process of managing complex and unique country and regional time-off policies. And built-in approval workflows ensure that employee requests, no matter where they are around the globe, are reviewed and approved quickly and efficiently.
- Award-winning User Interface Gets Even Better: The Kronos® Navigator user interface delivers new and more efficient ways to organize workforce content. Enhancements include one-click access to the most common business tasks, and customizable alerts to guide managers through the decision-making process. The release also introduces a new employee self-service design that makes it fast and easy for employees to check their schedules, request time off, or edit their timecard. And both employees and managers can easily customize the user interface to meet their specific requirements and preferences.
- Align Labor and Demand with Enhanced Scheduling: Workforce Central 6.3 includes a variety of new scheduling enhancements to help organizations better align labor with demand. Managers now have a real-time, consolidated view of coverage issues across multiple locations, departments, groups, or units. With one click, staffing managers can re-assign or re-balance their workforce to meet their current workload needs.
- Minimize Compliance Risk with Enhanced Absence Management: HR managers, leave administrators, and frontline managers will benefit from more efficient leave administration. This release enhances the Workforce Central intermittent leave capability with automation of medical certification durations and expirations. Managers can now be alerted when certifications are expiring or have exceeded approved limits. These new features save employers time while ensuring employee leave is tracked completely and accurately to minimize compliance risk.
- Greater Scalability and Enhancements to HR and Payroll: HR and payroll applications are now even more scalable to support larger organization deployments. New ad-hoc reporting features provide organizations with instant access to HR data for report building. Enhanced flexibility and control enables organizations to improve the speed and accuracy of the on-boarding process. Added security enables system administrators to limit data available for certain roles and responsibilities.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership and Even Easier to Own: Major investments made in the Workforce Central suite's architecture help lower total cost of ownership and improve security. Built-in system health and performance monitoring provides IT with real-time visibility into the major components of the Workforce Central solution to identify and resolve system issues before they happen.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"We infused Workforce Central with innovative new features and consumer-driven enhancements to meet even more needs of global customers, further improve usability, and expand functionality for absence management and scheduling. The end result is a product suite that effectively balances rich functionality with unprecedented ease of use. Kronos customers around the globe will be delighted with Workforce Central 6.3."
- Mollie Lombardi, research director, Human Capital Management, Aberdeen Group
"Our research has shown that better visibility into employee and workforce data is critical to achieving best-in-class levels of performance. Providing tools that allow managers to not only access this information more readily, but the ability to take immediate action on it as well, is what makes the kind of functionality in Workforce Central 6.3 so exciting."
- Workforce Central 6.3 will be generally available in December. For more information call (800) 225-1561 or visit www.kronos.com.
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks™, the world's largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Orlando.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks11 on Twitter.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and KronosWorks is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.