Kronos Helps Global Automotive Manufacturing Shift into High Gear
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 20, 2012 — Increased competition and economic pressures continue to challenge profitability in the automotive manufacturing industry. To address these issues, manufacturers spanning the automotive supply chain are turning to workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated.
- Manufacturers in the automotive industry – ranging from parts suppliers to original equipment manufacturers – are increasingly recognizing the value of effective workforce management, as labor is one of their largest controllable expenses as well as a competitive differentiator.
- For these reasons, automotive manufacturers across the globe including Mitsubishi Motors North America, Tower International, Volkswagen Automatic Transmission (Dalian), Volkswagen FAW Engine (Dalian), and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co. (YFVE) use Kronos solutions.
- Automotive manufacturers use Kronos time and attendance, absence management, employee scheduling, HR and payroll, workforce analytics, and workforce activities solutions. By automating these processes, Kronos helps drive profitability through reduced operational expenses, accurate labor costing, and increased throughput. For example, China-based Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics uses Kronos to schedule and track employees to match skills and certificates to job requirements as well as accurately align labor with volume to improve workforce utilization and productivity.
- Kronos also minimizes payroll error rate and inflation by providing accountability of hours worked, attendance, and accrued leave. In addition, through proven biometric technology Kronos helps eliminate buddy punching, the costly act of employees punching in for one another. And through better scheduling and utilization of employees at all times while complying with union agreements, Kronos resolves the complexity of multiple shifts. This is critical for automotive manufacturers, as automatic alignment of labor resources to production demand reduces reliance on overtime.
- Employers such as automotive manufacturers are forced to comply with a wide range of labor-related regulatory policies such as FMLA, FLSA, collective bargaining agreements, and country, state, and local labor laws regarding meals and breaks, minority work rules, and minimum wage. Through centralized policy administration, local policy enforcement, and detailed audit tracking, Kronos helps organizations minimize labor compliance risk.
- Additionally, Kronos streamlines union compliance efforts by automating enforcement of union-negotiated work and scheduling rules, and also supports the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) compliance requirements by tracking certifications and on-the-job injuries sustained by employees and contractors.
- Andrew Whaley, manager of finance, Mitsubishi Motors North America
“We have achieved many benefits since automating workforce business processes with Kronos. Manual systems are error prone and can increase non-compliance risk and homegrown systems are expensive to maintain. With Kronos, we are not only able to minimize payroll errors but can also support our operations departments by tracking labor efficiency on a daily basis.”
- Gregg Gordon, senior director, manufacturing practice group, Kronos
“The momentum Kronos is experiencing in the global automotive manufacturing industry is testament to our understanding of the sector’s specific needs. Our solutions provide a clear picture of labor costs from design to warehouse, which is essential for being competitive and profitable in this industry.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated.All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.