Kronos® Evaluated for Retail Workforce Management in Industry Report
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2011 — In the "Retail Time and Labor Vendor Update, 2010" Gartner, Inc. analyzes Kronos® Incorporated as a workforce management solution provider for the retail industry.
- The "Retail Time and Labor Vendor Update, 2010" was written by Gartner research director Gale Daikoku and was released Dec. 20, 2010. It evaluates vendors that provide time and labor solutions, which is defined by Gartner as applications deployed to manage scheduling, time and attendance, and store task management. Vendors included in this research have web-based solutions suitable for supporting very large retailers. Kronos is among those workforce management providers evaluated in the report. Evaluations are based on the number of retailers currently using each vendor's solution.
- Gartner explains that "the primary benefit of time and labor management solutions is to improve retail management's ability to manage the end-to-end time and labor process. This means staffing stores with the right people, in the right roles, at the right places, at the right time so that everyone (especially management) can stay focused on maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the largest and most-significant selling channel."
- The report mentions next generation workforce management solutions from Kronos that include a mobile scheduling application that streamlines the process of filling open shifts with consumer-inspired intelligence and ease.
- Gale Daikoku, research director, Gartner
"Retailers should not underestimate the impact consumer-based technology adoption and ease of use have on the time and labor management solution’s user interface. Time and labor solutions potentially touch all store-based users, compared with most other types of store technologies. Therefore, evaluating vendors for providing a good user experience should be part of the vendor evaluation and selection process." (Retail Time and Labor Vendor Update, 2010, December 2010)
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president of vertical marketing, Kronos
"With all the market hype, it can be difficult for retailers to get a clear understanding of market leadership when it comes to workforce management vendors. Kronos has worked hard to earn its leadership position and we are thrilled to be recognized as such. We believe we are the leaders in meeting retailers’ time and labor management needs while also offering them intuitive and easy to use technology. We encourage retailers to use this report to make sure they are making the best workforce management technology decisions for their business."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.