Kronos Enhances Production Labor Tracking Solution for Manufacturers Across the Globe
LAS VEGAS, HR Technology Conference & Exposition, Oct. 8, 2014 — To help manufacturers across the globe better understand how operations are performing against productivity goals, Kronos Incorporated added enhancements to the production labor tracking solution within its Workforce Central workforce management suite. The new enhancements extend existing Kronos capabilities beyond the plant floor, allowing manufacturers to track projects performed by salaried employees in addition to hourly employees.
- In addition to identification of nonproductive time and detection of bottlenecks, the production labor tracking solution provides manufacturers with actual labor cost data, helping them manage profit margins through improved understanding of production and project labor costs.
- The new enhancements provide more detailed activity tracking data. Additional benefits include:
- Reconciliation of all employees’ paid time to production time;
- Roll-up reporting of daily totals of hours, costs, charges, and wages for each activity including production work order, project work; and
- Accurate production labor cost estimations and labor productivity measurement.
- Kronos production labor tracking is also available via mobile devices, allowing on-the-go, real-time access.
Lynne Schreibel, global Kronos manager, Joy Global
“With the labor data collected in Kronos, we now compare actual hours to the standard, which we weren’t able to do before because we didn’t have visibility to the actuals. With the help of Kronos, our directive is to create a globally consistent labor reporting process.”
Charlie DeWitt, vice president, business development, Kronos
“To manage profitability, manufacturers need to understand total cost to serve, which can be a challenge, as pertinent labor cost information is typically fragmented within multiple systems. The latest Kronos enhancements aim to bring greater standardization across these departments including engineering and production for a more comprehensive view of labor costs and output, helping optimize productivity.”
- Kronos made this announcement from the Annual HR Technology Conference & Exposition being held in Las Vegas this week. Kronos is exhibiting in booth 2124.
- Learn more about the Kronos production labor tracking solution.
- Today Kronos also announced new enhancements to the Workforce Activities solution specifically for the public sector and services markets.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook,Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including morethan half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
Organizations that are interested in purchasing Kronos products and services should base their decision solely on what is currently available. Unreleased products,services, or functionality referenced in this document and other publicly available materials, including public statements on kronos.com, are not a promise of fulfillment and may not be delivered as promised or at all.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos, Workforce Central, and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and WorkforceInnovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/kronos-enhances-production-labor-tracking-solution-for-manufacturers-across-the-globe.aspx