Kronos Delivers Mobile and Tablet Apps and Enhanced Functionality for Federal Government Agencies
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Jan. 22 2013 — Kronos Incorporated today announced new
mobile applications for webTA™,
a workforce management solution that automates the tracking and management of U.S. federal government workers. Kronos also announced two additional products within the webTA solution, both of which provide enhanced data capture functionality. These new Kronos offerings are designed to help federal government agencies further control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and
improve workforce productivity.
- Mobile applications – New webTA mobile applications improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile phones and tablet devices. The apps give employees and managers flexibility in how they interact with each other and provide an anytime,
anyplace, instant connection to webTA.
- Employees may track their work in real time, leading to the automatic creation of timely and accurate timesheets. Employees can request time off, and, if appropriate, perform
time in/time out (TITO) entries.
- Managers may use their mobile or tablet devices to monitor resource data, resolve exceptions, and respond quickly to employee requests, such as approving timesheets and granting time-off requests.
- Kronos mobile applications for webTA are available for Apple iPhone and Blackberry, as well as for the Apple iPad tablet. For information and downloads, customers may visit https://kronosfederal.com.
- Enhanced data capture – With escalating budget pressures and a demand for higher degrees of transparency, federal government leaders are requiring not only more granular levels of data capture across accounts and projects, but across activities and cases (projects associated with funding) as well. The webTA solution now includes products
that enhanced data capture and reporting for activities and cases by allowing:
- Automatic capture of data at the account code, activity, and task levels in a single timesheet;
- Tabbed summary of labor and case hours fed directly from timesheets; and
- Case tracking assignment at the employee or organizational levels. In addition, the Case Coordinator role, newly defined in webTA, provides for a more effective management of the
case tracking process.
- More than one million employees within 70 U.S. federal government agencies use a
Kronos workforce management solution.
- Jeff Babcock, vice president and general manager, Kronos federal division
"Workplaces are increasingly embracing all of the ease of use and intuitiveness that comes with consumer-oriented technologies such as mobile phones and tablets. With our latest mobile and tablet offerings for the federal government, Kronos is making it easier for managers to communicate with
employees using their approved device. In addition, our latest enhancements to webTA expedite the data collection process to enable federal government agencies to manage their human resources more efficiently and at less expense to taxpayers."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud.
Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark
of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.