Kronos Customer University of San Diego Receives Nucleus Research Technology ROI Award
CHELMSFORD, July 7, 2011 — Kronos Incorporated customer University of San Diego has been named a Nucleus Research 2011 Technology ROI Award winner. The Technology ROI Awards recognize the top 10 end-user organizations whose technology deployment produced significant financial and business benefits.
- Nucleus Research selected winners based on an assessment of the cost of the technology implementation in relation to the overall benefit to the organization. The Technology ROI Award winners represent organizations that leveraged technology in the most innovative and efficient way.
- University of San Diego was chosen based upon the ROI results of its Kronos® workforce management implementation, which are detailed in an independent case study published by Nucleus Research.
- After the Kronos implementation, University of San Diego realized an average annual benefit of more than $1.5 million. Kronos workforce management solutions allowed the private university with 3,800 employees, many of whom are part-time student workers, to decrease payroll overpayments, reduce overtime costs, and improve productivity.
- David O'Connell, principal analyst, Nucleus Research
"The deployment had a high ROI because the university used Kronos to get its rules environment under control. By automating the application of pay rules, two significant improvements happened. First, errors were virtually eliminated, significantly reducing payroll overpayments. Second, overtime rules were applied more consistently and fairly, which reduced overtime costs."
- Len Hering, vice president, business services and administration, University of San Diego
"The university is proud to be selected as a Nucleus Research 2011 Technology ROI Award winner. Our relationship with Kronos has allowed us to manage costs, streamline processes, monitor compliance, and reduce errors campus wide in our payroll operations."
- Christine Carmichael, director of public sector marketing, Kronos
"We are excited that University of San Diego is being recognized for its achievement. The University of San Diego took full advantage of its Kronos workforce management solutions to control labor costs and improve workforce and faculty productivity, allowing it to operate more efficiently."
- The University of San Diego is a Catholic institution of higher learning chartered in 1949; the school enrolls some 7,800 undergraduate and graduate students and is known for its commitment to teaching, the liberal arts, the formation of values and community service. The fall 2007 establishment of the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies brings the University's total number of schools and colleges to six. Other academic divisions include the College of Arts and Sciences and the schools of Business Administration, Leadership and Education Sciences, Law and Nursing and Health Sciences.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.