Kronos CEO Aron Ain to Join Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick on Innovation Economy Mission to Brazil
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Nov. 17, 2011 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that chief executive officer Aron Ain will join Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and a coalition of business executives, academic leaders, and government officials on the Massachusetts-Brazil Innovation Economy Mission 2011 to pursue job growth and economic development partnerships between Massachusetts and Brazil.
- From Dec. 4-9, 2011, Ain will join the Governor’s delegation during stops in Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro, and São Paulo, visiting Brazilian companies, universities, and government leaders to explore opportunities for collaboration between Massachusetts and Brazil.
- Ain will contribute his expertise to help the delegation assess economic development opportunities that encourage Brazilian companies to invest and create jobs in Massachusetts. During the trip, Ain will take part in roundtables, company visits, and meetings with government and business officials.
- In 2010, bilateral trade between Massachusetts and Brazil topped $475 million – representing more than $396 million in exports to Brazil and more than $80 million in imports to Massachusetts.
- The mission will explore growth opportunities within Massachusetts’ innovation-based industries and areas of common interest between the state’s established and emerging partners in Brazil.
- One of the fastest-growing economies in the world, with a labor force of 103 million, Brazil represents a significant market opportunity for Kronos®.
- Kronos recently established a direct presence in Brazil, as part of its continued push into new markets to serve and support the global workforce management needs of local and multinational organizations. Having a direct presence in the region positions Kronos to capitalize on the growing demand for workforce management solutions throughout the region by adding to its Brazil client roster which already includes the largest fast-food chain in Brazil with 48,000 employees, and the second-largest clothing department store chain in Brazil with 13,000 employees.
- Since he joined Kronos in 1979, Aron Ain has played a role in nearly every functional area at the organization, helping to build what is today an $800 million global enterprise software company. Ain assumed the role of chief executive officer and a member of the Kronos Board of Directors in 2005.
- Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
"We are committed to competing for every job in every corner of the Commonwealth, and the world. To continue our recovery, we need to position Massachusetts for success in growing markets like Brazil, to drive job growth and catalyze international investment."
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"I am honored to be accompanying the Governor and other distinguished guests on this important mission to Brazil. I am energized by the amazing opportunity for growth in Brazil and the talented and hard-working people who live there. Kronos entered Brazil in large part because our multinational customers kept telling us they needed us there. It is clearly one of the most exciting developing economies in the world."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.