Kronos Celebrates 35 Years of Innovation
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 15, 2012 — At an event held at its world headquarters in Chelmsford, Mass. today, Kronos Incorporated celebrated 35 years as a pioneering innovator in the field of workforce management. Since its founding in 1977, the company has grown to be the global leader in the workforce management software market with more than 3,500 employees and annual revenues of more than $865 million.
- Massachusetts-based for its entire history, Kronos software is used in more than 100 countries by tens of thousands of organizations – including more than half of the Fortune 1000 – to fundamentally change the way they manage their workforces. More than 30 million people around the world use a Kronos solution every day.
- Today Kronos also celebrated the opening of a newly renovated, $7 million state-of-the-art technology center on its Chelmsford, Mass. campus where the company occupies 322,000 square feet. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and other local elected officials and leaders were on hand for the occasion. Kronos is the largest private employer in Chelmsford with more than 1,000 employees and this latest technology center joins a network of such facilities across the U. S., and in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom.
- Known for its continuous innovation and growth, Kronos has moved aggressively into the areas of mobile, cloud, and big data management, introducing revolutionary new ways for organizations to manage their workforces.
- The company recently announced its 64th acquisition and in the last year hired more than 600 new employees around the world.
- Mark Ain, a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), founded Kronos with the idea of automating the standard mechanical time clock. In 1979, the company delivered the first automated time clock. When he transitioned out of the chief executive officer role in 2005, he had been the longest-running founder leading a technology company in Massachusetts. Current chief executive officer Aron Ain joined Kronos in 1979 and has played a role in nearly every functional department at Kronos. Earlier this year he was named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
- The company's official 35th anniversary is October 31.
- Mark Ain, founder and chairman of the board of directors, Kronos
"Kronos was born out of a desire to start a company that used technology to solve a problem. From simple beginnings, the company has grown beyond my wildest dreams into a global software powerhouse. We are excited and energized by Kronos' 35 years of continuous innovation and growth – the future is very bright!"
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"Anniversaries are an opportunity to reflect on progress made, and it's amazing to think about our accomplishments. We are immensely grateful to our employees, customers, and partners for their support over three-and-a-half decades. After 35 years in the business, the pace of change in technology and communication has never been faster. As the business world becomes ever more global and sophisticated in leveraging consumer-oriented technology, there has never been a more exciting time to be innovating to help our customers manage their employees around the world."
- Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
"The innovative spirit of our businesses has made Massachusetts a world leader in the 21st century global economy. By creating good jobs in our local communities, Kronos and companies like it are strengthening the Commonwealth for the next generation."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.