Kronos Brings the Power of Workforce Ready to Australian Small and Midsize Businesses
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Feb. 19, 2015 - Kronos Incorporated today announced availability of its Kronos Workforce Ready software suite in Australia, delivering enterprise-class workforce management solutions in the cloud to small and midsize businesses (SMBs). Ideal for organizations in Australia with less than 1,000 employees, Workforce Ready will help these SMBs improve productivity and agility, providing benefits for both employers and employees.
- A recent Aberdeen Group study1 revealed that Australian businesses lag behind the rest of the working world in workforce utilization and automated time and attendance. These findings demonstrate that better management of the workforce is needed to enable Australian SMBs to retain talent, maintain solid growth, and sustain their competitive advantage.
- SMBs face similar challenges as larger organizations, but are stretched to do more with fewer resources. Simultaneously, employees are increasingly seeking greater mobility, flexibility, and control. Findings by Aberdeen about workforce management for SMBs found that:
- Sixty-one percent of SMBs feel pressure to improve their workforce planning capabilities;
- SMBs are seven percent more likely to cite a need to improve workforce planning capabilities as a critical challenge in driving their focus on workforce management; and
- Large enterprises are 31 percent more likely than SMBs to be able to provide managers with access to real-time employee attendance data.
- Australia SMBs are increasingly looking to technology innovations to help improve productivity and drive business growth. Research from PricewaterhouseCoopers2 suggests that transforming Australia's SMB laggards to leaders through use of technology could increase the nation's GDP by nearly $6 billion (0.4 percent), raising revenue in the economy by $11 billion.
- Key to this is adoption of technologies, such as mobile communications and cloud computing, to offer SMBs access to solutions that were previously only affordable to large enterprises.
- Workforce Ready is a cloud workforce management solution that provides SMBs with applications that improve productivity, control labor costs, and minimize compliance risk by fully automating labor-intensive processes. Workforce Ready offers SMBs the ability to choose the features needed today, as well as flexibility to expand as required in the future. Functionality of Workforce Ready for Australian SMBs includes:
- Time and Attendance - Streamlines time tracking by automating the collection of time and attendance information, and enforces pay and work rules by knowing who is doing what, when, and why.
- Scheduling - Controls labor costs by reducing overstaffing and understaffing as well as avoiding costly overtime. Allows dynamic on-the-fly scheduling to easily change schedules as needed while complying with organization-specific policies.
- Absence Management - Reduces compliance risk around absence-related policies and accruals, including federal, state, and company leave requirements. Every employee's eligibility for paid and unpaid leave is authenticated based on annual leave, sick time, and organization-specific criteria.
- Mobile - The power to access Workforce Ready when and where you want. Employees can view schedules and request time off. Managers can approve timecards and manage exceptions quickly and effectively.
- Real-time Reporting Tools - Quick and easy access to a wealth of data with standard or custom reports to support informed decision-making based on facts rather than guesswork.
- Capitalizing on its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready uses a simple Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) pricing approach. Applications are available on a per-employee, per-month basis, accompanied by fixed-price implementation services.
Ms. Michael M. Moon, research director, HCM, Aberdeen Group
"According to our research3, 61 percent of SMBs feel pressure to improve their workforce planning capabilities. These organizations are turning to cloud delivery models to enable workforce management automation and integration to deliver functionality to help drive organizational productivity, without creating additional burden for HR and IT departments."
Peter Harte, managing director, Australia and New Zealand, Kronos
"SMBs are one of the growth engines of the Australian economy. From our discussions with SMBs, we know they are stretched to deliver more with limited resources. In response to their need for a simple, cloud workforce management solution, Kronos, the world leader in this area, is releasing Workforce Ready in Australia. The business environment is growing more complex for small and midsize businesses. There is pressure from employers to accommodate more flexibility and provide more mobile touch points, while, from a business perspective, they are under pressure to improve their workforce productivity. Kronos Workforce Ready provides SMBs with solutions that make workforce management simpler while empowering them with real-time data to make more informed decisions."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
1 "Productivity: Managing and Measuring a Workforce", Aberdeen Group, 2015
2 "Joined-Up Innovation: Making the right connections across Australia's innovation ecosystem to support our future growth and international competitiveness," Microsoft and PWC Report 2014
3 "Workforce Management for the SMB: Big Results for Small and Medium Business," Aberdeen Group, 2014
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/kronos-brings-the-power-of-workforce-ready-to-australian-small-and-midsize-businesses.aspx