Kronos® Breakthrough User Experience Receiving Overwhelmingly Positive Response
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Nov. 8, 2010 - Kronos® Incorporated today announced that it is receiving an overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to its revolutionary new user experience. Released in July, Kronos' next generation user interface uses Rich Internet Application (RIA) technology to harness the ease of use and intuitiveness of consumer-oriented technologies to help organizations better manage their workforce.
- Kronos has shipped the new interface software to be used by more than 250,000 employees in a variety of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, retail, hospitality, services, and distribution.
- Kronos' new user interface is designed around two breakthrough capabilities:
- Instant Engagement – Drawing on the simplicity of consumer technology, Kronos' next generation user interface instantly engages the workforce and makes it easy to take action. Users can organize and display information based on their individual needs to quickly access data for critical tasks. Workers are able to perform simple actions with ease – like completing new-hire forms for HR and payroll, or managing time and attendance.
- Guided Decisions – Users are provided with an early warning and guidance system that identifies potential workforce issues and presents those problems in a simple, intuitive way. Managers leverage tools like workforce analytics to accurately forecast scheduling needs and to identify potential scheduling conflicts.
- Kronos' new user interface can be deployed with either Workforce Central® 6.1 or Workforce Central 6.2 and is free of charge to Workforce Central customers currently on maintenance.
- Jason Fenske, systems analyst, Forest City Enterprises
"The moment we saw Kronos' new user interface we said, ‘wow, we want that.' There is nothing in the market like it. We are proud to work with such a leader and innovator in workforce management."
- Leila Gilbert, team leader, retail scheduling systems, Hannaford Bros. Co.
"For us, the best part is the guidance system that identifies potential problems and makes suggestions on how to resolve them, helping us make smarter, more informed decisions for our organization."
- Michele Cyrus, business analyst, National Frozen Foods Corporation
"The next generation user interface is just the ticket to help our supervisors make the right decisions quickly with the new guidance system and with just the information they need to do their job already displayed on the screen; they get in, get their work done, and get out in a matter of minutes. The new interface is also the right answer for our management team. They can get all the answers they need on one screen without fumbling through menus and with very little training. This helps them make smarter, more informed decisions for our organization."
- Josh Bersin, chief executive officer and president, Bersin & Associates
"Kronos' new user interface is truly noteworthy. Kronos has built a user-centric experience in which the application changes as a user's needs change. This technology will re-define the way companies manage their workforce."
- Mollie Lombardi, senior research analyst, human capital management, Aberdeen Group
"The new UI from Kronos brings schedule creation and workforce data analysis from a back-room, labor intensive, and often paper-based process into a format as easy to use as a Facebook page."
- Mark Smith, CEO and executive vice president of research, Ventana Research
"Advancements in technology and in understanding the user experience have made it possible to bring world-class applications to generations of workers. Kronos has taken a significant leap forward in bringing simplicity and sophistication to its workforce management applications, helping those organizations using its applications to see rapid adoption and a rise in employee satisfaction."
- Peter George, chief technology officer, Kronos
"The enthusiastic response to our new user interface has been incredible. Kronos is the only workforce management company that is aggressively investing in weaving both deep functionality and incredible user interface capabilities into a seamless experience that addresses the broad needs of today's enterprise employers."
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks™, the industry's largest venue for exchanging ideas on how to effectively manage the workforce. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and KronosWorks is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.