Kronos® Announces Workforce Central® Version 6.2
Kronos continues to prove that users no longer have to choose between deep functionality and ease of use
CHICAGO — HR Technology Conference & Exposition — Sept. 29, 2010 — Kronos® Incorporated today announced availability of the latest version of its Workforce Central® suite, the industry's premier solution for helping organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- Workforce Central 6.2 reflects Kronos' continued drive to prove that workforce management doesn’t have to be so hard, with particular investment in strategic areas including:
- HR/Payroll. New HR and payroll enhancements offer a dramatically improved user experience, starting with a new navigation framework that delivers easy access to employee information. Enhanced suite-wide authentication gives HR and payroll departments more control over security, while minimizing IT support. New automated pay rules and workflows deliver more control over payroll deductions, data import, and document management.
- Absence Management. Enhancements in absence management offer more efficient leave administration, leading to tighter compliance with less manual effort. Efficient one-time data-entry cascades relevant information from employee leave requests directly to leave cases administrated by managers. New document workflows extend due-dates and add configurable reminders to help streamline compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) regulations.
- Time and Attendance and Labor Tracking. A host of new pay rules bring additional flexibility to organizations that need to calculate complex overtime pay. New workflows can be configured to automatically prompt employees to justify missing time. New reports provide organizations with critical insight into machinery and equipment utilization, bringing organizations wider visibility into the combined effectiveness of people and resources. Efficiency, quality, and availability are critical productivity measurements for organizations of all kinds.
- Labor Analytics. Enhanced analytics delivers deeper insight into labor productivity, and brings labor performance visibility to an even wider audience. Organizations can now easily compare performance across departments and measure productivity at the facility or regional level.
- Forecasting and Scheduling. A new, adaptive forecasting algorithm automatically selects the most appropriate method for each department — considering trends, cyclical patterns, and seasonality. Users can now analyze forecasting data with familiar desktop tools such as Microsoft Excel. Significant enhancements to schedule development, scheduling editing, and employee self-service streamline scheduling for managers and employees.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"Kronos is defining an entirely new generation of workforce management products that are changing the way that organizations manage their workforce, by proving that organizations don’t have to sacrifice ease of use for deep functionality. Workforce Central 6.2 is the next phase of that new generation."
- Lisa Rowan, program director, HR, learning, and talent strategies, IDC
"With Workforce Central 6.2, Kronos has developed a sophisticated yet easy-to-use solution that lets organizations manage their workforce and empower their employees to manage their own HR functions. Upgrading to the latest version of Workforce Central will provide more functionality to better manage the workforce in an easy, intuitive way."
- Mark Smith, CEO and executive vice president of research, Ventana Research
"The utilization of the workforce is critical for every organization to optimize to its fullest potential. Kronos Workforce Central 6.2 enhances the usability and productivity of core payroll and absence applications while advancing labor analytics and scheduling to meet the demand in a new generation of workforce."
- Elizabeth Krahn, payroll manager at San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine
"One of the reasons that we elected to upgrade to this next version of Workforce Central is that it is even easier to use and makes us more efficient. We have better visibility into overall labor performance and payroll administration, while managers get meaningful guidance to improve efficiency, quality, and productivity."
- Kronos is exhibiting in booth #528 at the HR Technology Conference & Exposition, being held this week in Chicago.
- For more information regarding Kronos solutions call (800) 225-1561.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.