Kronos Accelerates Cloud Strategy with Launch of New SMB Workforce Management Suite
CHELMSFORD, Mass., June 11, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today unveiled a new suite of cloud-based workforce management solutions aimed at small and midsize businesses (SMBs). The new Kronos® Workforce Ready™ suite enables SMBs to stay competitive by providing single-source access to real-time employee data.
- Historically, SMBs have relied on a patchwork of HR, payroll, and time and attendance products or been forced to work with substandard systems that have been cobbled together. Built from the ground up and designed to run in the cloud, Workforce Ready shares a common technology platform, a universal employee record, and a single user interface across its entire suite of applications.
- The Workforce Ready suite provides the flexibility to mix and match products to meet the needs of any organization:
- Time and Attendance – Streamlines time tracking with automated collection of time and attendance information, and enforces pay and work rules by knowing who is doing what, when, and why.
- Scheduling – Controls labor costs by avoiding costly overtime as well as reducing both overstaffing and understaffing. Offers dynamic on-the-fly scheduling to easily change schedules daily as needed all while adhering to organization-specific policies.
- Absence Management – Reduces compliance risk around absence-related policies and accruals – including federal, state, and company leave requirements. Confirms each employee’s eligibility for paid and unpaid leave based on vacation time, sick time, and organization-specific criteria.
- Human Resources – A comprehensive, end-to-end HR solution that keeps employees, managers, and HR administrators up to date and compliant. Provides secure management of employee records and robust performance and asset management tools.
- Payroll – An integrated payroll engine provides quick access to data to process payroll correctly. Alerts let multiple people work on payroll at the same time without causing issues, and eliminate pre-processing steps. Payroll is continually updated in real time.
- Hiring – Comprehensive applicant tracking, screening, and on-boarding accelerates employee recruitment and hiring.
- Analytics – Makes sense of big workforce management data with diagnostic views of key labor metrics and point-and-click reporting that identifies areas for cost savings, innovation, and growth.
- Mobile – The power to access Workforce Ready when and where you want. Employees can view schedules, request time off, and view their pay statements. Managers can approve timecards, manage exceptions, and find replacement workers quickly and effectively.
- Capitalizing on its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready uses a simple SaaS-based pricing approach. Applications are available on a per-employee, per-month basis, accompanied by fixed-price implementation services.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“SMBs are always looking to do more with less. Workforce Ready delivers enterprise-level capabilities in an easy-to-use, easy-to-afford, cloud-based environment. Staying competitive is complex – your workforce management solution shouldn’t have to be.”
- Lisa Rowan, program director of HR, learning, and talent research, IDC
“Small and midsize businesses are feeling the financial pressures of a tight economy and having to compete with larger organizations with more resources. A workforce management solution tailored to the needs of SMBs can help them uncover and reduce hidden costs, leading to improved productivity and smarter decision making. Workforce Ready is an extremely robust solution that SMBs should consider.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and Workforce Ready is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.