Jefferson County School System Selects Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 16, 2012 — To update workforce management processes leading to increased efficiencies and control over costs, Jefferson County school system in Alabama selected next generation solutions from Kronos Incorporated.
- The second-largest school system in Alabama, Jefferson County serves more than 36,000 students. Recognizing that paper-based workforce management processes were inefficient to serve its growing needs, the school system selected the Kronos time and attendance and mobile applications, as well as the revolutionary new time clock, the Kronos®InTouch™. Kronos will be used by all 4,500 employees across the school system to help control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity.
- Kronos was selected after a thorough evaluation of competing solutions. The primary drivers of the Kronos selection were ease of use and Kronos’ next generation workforce management solutions. For example, the InTouch time clock’s powerful user interface delivers a personalized experience that enables employees to address their workforce management needs – including entering time, requesting leave, and checking schedules.
- The Kronos mobile applications will help the school system more effectively manage its remote employees such as maintenance workers and supervisors who travel from school to school. These employees will now be able to track time, request time off, and punch in and out from remote work locations in real time. And managers will be able to use their mobile devices to respond quickly to employee requests.
- Kronos will also help Jefferson County school system through advanced reporting and analytics, as schools will now have visibility into historical and real-time labor data. This will help administrators analyze trends and take preemptive action before costly labor-related errors occur. Also, important in education environments, Kronos will allow the schools to know which employees are in the buildings at all times, thereby increasing employee safety.
- Sheila Jones, chief financial officer, Jefferson County School System
“We selected Kronos for its advanced solutions, which offer unprecedented levels of ease of use. Before Kronos, we used paper processes, and many steps were required to complete payroll processing. With Kronos, we can rely on the system for payroll accuracy and efficiency, helping us better control labor costs. As administrators will have fewer paper forms to sign, they will have more time to participate in other functions to enhance the learning environment.”
- Christine Carmichael, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
“Through automation of workforce management processes, Jefferson County schools will be able to significantly improve efficiencies. Real-time view of labor data is important for schools, as unexpected events and increased demands are a reality for these entities and Kronos will enable Jefferson County schools to quickly identify issues and respond appropriately.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics
applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated.All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.