India's PVR Cinemas Selects Kronos Workforce Management Solutions
CHELMSFORD, Mass. and BANGALORE, India, April 19, 2012 — PVR Cinemas, one of the leading motion picture exhibitors in India and a pioneer in the multiplex format, has chosen workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to manage its workforce.
- As one of the largest cinema chains in India with 38 cinemas and 166 screens spread over 22 cities and a plan to grow to 300 screens, centralization and workforce visibility was a key reason for choosing Kronos to keep pace with the company's rapid growth.
- PVR Cinemas selected time and attendance, absence management, and scheduling solutions from Kronos, in addition to InTouch® time clocks and mobile applications for use by all 3,700 employees.
- With Kronos, PVR Cinemas will move all workforce data collection to one system, which will enable improved visibility and control. Also, Kronos will help eliminate all paper-based manual processes leading to improved productivity and reduced costs.
- With Kronos, managers at the cinema will more effectively schedule employees, gain real-time visibility into their workforce, and make quicker decisions to ensure better customer service.
- Kronos mobile applications delivered as native applications on the Android, Blackberry, and iPhone/iPad platforms will further help managers manage their employees.
- Dick Cahill, vice president and general manager, international, Kronos
"It is critical for entertainment companies to manage their workforce effectively to ensure prompt and delightful customer service. We're pleased to be working with PVR Cinemas on a workforce management project that will help improve workforce productivity, ensure customer delight, and help PVR Cinemas' vision to remain India's most premium and preferred retail entertainment company."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
+91 98925 06857
+91 80 30982832